Does your child have an uncommon name? If so what is it?

Do they get teased for it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• my daughter is Lyric. i don't think she'll be teased for it when she starts school. i think it's a beautiful name
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 10:00 PM on May. 20, 2010

• My son has an uncommon for his age name. It is WAY TOO popular for younger kids now, but, he is 14 and it is uncommon. It is Braden. He has never been teased about his name.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:57 PM on May. 20, 2010

• My stepson's name is Katahdin. We call him Kai. Before he wanted to change his name. Now he has grown to love it.
    Josy78

Answer by Josy78 at 10:02 PM on May. 20, 2010

• My son's name is Brycen, it's not that uncommon. But my cousin's kids names are Nasir Matthew (boy) and Khalyse Lanae (girl). I love their names. And Nasir is in school, and he doesnt get made fun of. Khalyse is only 2, but everyone compliments on how unique and cute their names are. If youre not sure how their pronounced --- (nah-seer) -- (kuh-leese -- lah-nay)
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 10:06 PM on May. 20, 2010

• my son's name is Jathan. uncommon but its easy..its like nathan but with a J. I didnt think it would be hard for people to pronounce but i am very surprised that so many people have a hard time saying it. He gets called Jonathan and Jason, even Jordon??? I'm like.."Its exactly how it looks people..nothing hidden"
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:08 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Nikita is my dd's name, nope, doesn't get teased- though she prefers Niki. Unfortunately people automatically ASSume that her name is Nichole, and she gets ticked.

My dd's are Damon & Dawson ( I call him Troy-I HATE his first name, it literally means "Son of David", which he is, but I do not need a reminder) I have only ever met one other Damon, and one Dawson... troy is fairly common.
    My sister claims that my kids have "Black" names... *shakes head*... I don't see how she associates color w/ a name.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:15 PM on May. 20, 2010

• i like nikita..thats a nice name..i like nicolette too..i always thought about nicolette for a girl. nikita is unique
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:19 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Well let's start with me. My name is Megan and there were no Megan's when I went to school. I was different. At some point I decided if people didn't get my name the first time I would tell them my name was George. It was funny but it was my coping mechanism.
    Now for my kids names Grant none other in his grade. He is in his first year of college and the smartest kid I have ever met. My second kid is Sierra and she seems fine. Most people tell her that her name is beautiful. The third kid is Berott (rymes with Parrot) She is wonderful- she has friends who call her names like Berootie. They make friendly names to go along with hers. EVery one loves that she has a different type name.
    So for four weird names were all pretty well adjusted. Oh by the way my husbands name is Chris... lol
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:20 PM on May. 20, 2010

• My DD's name is Alaina (Uh-lay-nuh) Not very uncommon, but not popular, either. My other 2 LO's names are Alyson and Nathaniel. BTW, we call Alaina- Lanie, Alyson- Aly and Nathaniel- Nate.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 10:22 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I don't know, is Jeremiah uncommon? He's the only Jeremiah I've ever known. He's 3 1/2 months old so he doesn't get teased yet by anyone other than the older women in my family who all think he's going to be teased. Calling him "bullfrog" and "Old Jeremiah" or my MIL just calls him "Jeremy" she can't seem to bring herself to call him Jeremiah. I don't get it, but I don't really care unless they don't stop when he's older and he starts to feel bad about it.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 10:27 PM on May. 20, 2010