This may be a TMI question so if you have a week stomach please do not read

No bashing please I am 7 weeks pregnant and would like to know if I can take anything for this horrible constipation that I am having...before i was complaining because I would go to much but now I can hardly go at all, or it hurts when I try...please help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• all that would help me was to eat a lot of fresh fruit. the stool softeners didn't helpme but you could try .... it's a common problem
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:57 PM on May. 20, 2010

• OTC fiber supplements are fine to take.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:57 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Haha that was not TMI at all hun! We've all been there. The best thing you can do is eat a lot of fresh fruits and veggies, and foods with a lot of fiber. Cereals and stuff are good for that. Drink LOTS of water and do some walking if you feel up to it. If that doesn't help, you should ask your doctor about taking a fiber supplement.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 9:59 PM on May. 20, 2010

• You should definitely ask your doctor. When I was pregnant I will run every medicine related question to him to make sure that my baby will be ok.
    Good luck!
    Josy78

Answer by Josy78 at 9:59 PM on May. 20, 2010

• A plain water enema is always safe. It will not effect your baby at all. It also works immediately.

Make sure you are drinking plenty of water throughout the day. Not just at meal times. I know you have to pee constantly. That's just part of life now.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:04 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Take in a bunch of extra fiber- supplements like Benefiber or Metamucil are good. Drink LOTS of water with it and your poo problems will be resolved.
    Anonymous

• Oh honey this is just the beginning. Try apricots they make me poop almost right away. How about more fiber? My daughter uses Miralax-- you mix it in a glass of water--it tastes like nothing. I drank it and then I pooped like a half an hour later and it was not too hard.
    Good luck honey drink more water and keep the fiber up. Let us know how it goes.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:09 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Milk of magnesia will do it .
    zip10469

Answer by zip10469 at 11:55 PM on May. 20, 2010

• OP- thank you ladies for all of your answers I have been eating a lot more fruits...that has helped a little and I asked my doctor about the fiber supplement but she said it is best to try the natural stuff first so I have been drinking prune juice wen I get up in the morning that has also helped. Thank you so much ladies. I put that it maybe tmi because I did not know that it was normal thank you for helping me feel comfortable about the situation
    Anonymous