PMDD and natural remedies/treatments

I've recently been diagnosed with PMDD. My dr wants to put me on Yaz. I've had my tubes tied, so I'd rather avoid the pill, if possible. I'm also just the type that prefers to try natural and/or herbal remedies first before resorting to chemical type things. I was wondering if anyone on here has successfully treated their PMDD with natural methods, and what you used. I know changing my diet to be healthier, as well as exercising, can help, and I will be doing both of those. Anything else you can tell me would be great. Thanks so much!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Health

• Read this web site: http://depression.about.com/cs/altmed/a/pmsalternatives.htm - it lists several natural treatments for PMDD.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 10:08 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I would make sure you have time to yourself, to be yourself and explore your own intrests and hobbies OUTSIDE of your family (hub and kids). Hope you all the best... xoxoxox
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 10:11 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Progesterone actually helped me alot. Turns our I didn't really have PMDD, but rather a hormone imbalance.
    Anonymous