CPS is coming tomorrow

We have a worker coming out tomorrow, not about us, but because we are involved with the child CPS is checking on. I'm not that worried because the allegations were not made against us, but I do want to make sure everything is in order. What should I do to prepare for the home visit? What things do they look for with the children, adults, and also the home itself? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 PM on May. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• If you aren't under investigation, no worries. They see EVERYTHING. as long as you do not live in your own filth, you have nothing to worry about.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:17 PM on May. 20, 2010

• What kinds of things are they looking for in the house? Obviously, no roaches, dirty dishes, etc., can they go in MY room if the kids aren't allowed in there? What am I required to have in my kids room? Aside from toys and beds of course. :)
    Anonymous

• maybe check to see if your cleaning supplies and medications are out of reach ....
    Anonymous

• If the call is not on you then they have no right to investigate your home they will only come to talk to you. I would just clean like you do when you are having guests over.
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 10:50 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I did have this happen to me, but they came to talk with me because the person I called on came to my house after their visit and attacked me and I have to call the cops. I was not home when the stopped by so I called her and she said over the phone was fine. It really is not about you,
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 10:52 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Don't make your home look as if you just had it professionally cleaned. If you are a good parent, and take good care of your children, don't worry about it. Just make sure the basics are met: food in the fridge, meds and chemicals locked away, no roaches or other vermin. Other than that, don't worry about the normal disarray that comes with being a parent with children.
    Anonymous