Suffering?

No matter what we believe we cannot help but see suffering in this world. No one is immune to its touch. In your faith how does it explain suffering, and how are we to fix it? What are we to learn from it?Blessings..

Daphna28

Asked by Daphna28 at 10:16 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• God does not cause suffering. All suffering is from Satan. Although suffering can be a consequence of sin, God does not punish us with suffering. But other suffering is just random. No one deserves cancer or to have a tornado flatten their house. But we suffer because of that. In our suffering, though, if we turn to God, He will comfort us and will use our weakness make us stronger for Him.

I know this to be true because I suffer daily with chronic pain for which there is no cure. Only with God's strength and love can I make it through my day with joy in my heart and a smily on my face.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 7:48 AM on May. 21, 2010

• i dont have any explanation for suffering yet. i wont know until i die! or atleast i hope ill know when i die. there better be a good reason for it ...
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:28 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Suffering is in essence the bad that occurs to us. It can be our consequences to bad choices, the consequences we suffer as result of someone else's bad choice, or just a random occurence that happens. It's simply a part of life. Ultimately it is up to us to fix it, as individuals and as groups. As an individual that suffers it is to help us discover ourselves, our strengths and weaknesses and overcome them. In regards to others we help those who cannot help themselves and guide them into finding their strengths and weaknesses so that they might overcome them as well. Will suffering ever end? No, that's the part of life that leads us to all the learning experiences we encounter which strengthen our character. We cannot appreciate the good without knowledge and experience of the bad.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:33 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Natural selection - survival of the fittest.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:55 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Thank you Beeky. Beat me to the chase!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:01 PM on May. 20, 2010

• The fall of man. When Eve ate of the apple, it brought upon us all death and suffering. The only 'escape' from it is an eternity in Heaven with Jesus Christ as our savior.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 11:26 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Well, it can be a state of mind. It can be caused by many human things like ego, lack of understanding something,etc.

As for how to fix it...we dont. Its part of learning and growing. We recognize it for what it is and realize we have the ability to gain strength and knowledge from the suffering or we let it eat us. Our choice, our lessons...no one can fix it and only the bearer can know what they are to learn from it.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:07 AM on May. 21, 2010

• Suffering comes from our basic needs not being met in a significant amount, such as food, health, shelter, love, and mental stability. It's our body's way of saying, hey, I really need food now, or get myself to the doctor. Animals can suffer from many of the same thngs too, so it's a primal physical and/or emotional reaction to things when they go really wrong.

With limited resources and unavoidable disasters, suffering will always exist on this planet. Emotional suffering will never go away due to death and imperfect (i.e. human) relationships. Much is unavoidable, but what can make a difference is how we deal with suffering and what we can do to help others going through it.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 11:05 AM on May. 21, 2010

• suffering is part of the Way - well, at least bad things happening are. the Way includes good and bad as it includes All That Is. suffering is very often a state of mind - an unwillingness to accept (which doesn't mean like) that which is not within our control. my religion tells me that it is my purpose here to use my gifts to better myself and the world because we are all connected. simply, i do what i can and do not dwell in the unavoidable suffering that is part of life.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 11:43 AM on May. 21, 2010

• Karma/Threefold Law...not just in this life, but previous incarnations.
    Anonymous