Pushed to the edge today

So I work 40 or more hours a week and today was my off day. Well my 22 mt old was not having a good day and I guess I was just tired today and she kept whining and crying and nothing would make her stop. Well needless to say I kindof lost it. At some point I wanted to just slap her to shut her up ( I would never do that) but I wanted to! Now that the day is over I feel awful and disappointed in myself for thinking and feeling that way. Have u ever felt that way?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• ya, it's been one of those days here too. i'm really wishing for a better tomorrow.
    Anonymous

• I think every mom feels that way at some point. I once felt like just locking my toddler in the closet because she was having one of those days. The thing is, we don't act on it, and that's why it's not wrong. Feeling frustrated and at the end of your line isn't wrong. Acting on it and actually doing the thing that pops into your head IS. Don't worry too much about it.
    Anonymous

• i feel that way alot....my little girl (5) has gotten a smart mouth on her. and man she gets me going sometimes. screaming bloody murder cuz i asked her to clean up her toys or fighting with me to get dressed for school while i dress her younger brother. i never act on those thoughts...but there has been a few times i have told her she is lucky i love her cuz if i didnt i would have popped that mouth.....those are the moments when mommy gets a time out. i tell the kids to go play and leave me alone. i go to my room or step outside for a cigarrette..take a few deep breathes then go back in to readress the issue at hand. i think all moms have these days..like a pp said dont feel bad as long as you dont act on it is normal. dont be afraid to take a mommy time out!
    Anonymous

• so glad i am not the only one that feels that way!!!
    Anonymous

• I feel the same way right now actually! I have a 9 month old and today he's been SOOOOO clingy. He wanted me to hold him all day long and if I even walked out of the room for a second, he cried. I had to get laundry done and didn't even get a shower until like 1pm. I was ready to pull my hair out all day long and couldn't wait till my fiance got home so I could get a break and be by myself for awhile. Now that he's asleep in bed, I feel so bad for getting upset with him. All he wanted was his momma's attention and that's not such a horrible thing.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:06 PM on May. 20, 2010

• You wouldn't be human unless you've felt like that sometimes. =)
    lifetimelove

Answer by lifetimelove at 1:27 AM on May. 21, 2010

• i feel like that alot just like the other mom said as long as u dont act on the thought then nothings wrong with it everyone that has a child feels this way at some point even moms with kidds alot older feel this way its just part of being a mom i guess as long as u dont act its fine to feel this way ask ur doctor if they have kidds if they ever felt that way i guarentee they will say yes
    cocobutt2002

Answer by cocobutt2002 at 1:07 PM on May. 21, 2010

•   ASK Dr PHIL.  Drphil.com

jblueeyes228

Answer by jblueeyes228 at 9:56 PM on May. 23, 2010