What to you give as a wedding gift?

My best friend is getting married (not until October) but I'm already thinking about gifts. The thing is, usually people give gifts for the couples home. Well, they bought a home about 4 years ago so they really have all those "usual gifts". Does anyone have any creative ideas for me? Thank you!

CrystalJanie

Asked by CrystalJanie at 10:29 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Shopping

• Get them something out of the ordinary like a white knight. That should make things interesting.
    Anonymous

• Money-- the standard gift is $100 per person -unless they have a registry then something off the registry to equal the same $ amount
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:32 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I bought my Brother in Law a Wii and my sister a kayak but that is what they wanted lol
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 10:38 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Money. Always cover your head count and your guest's.
    Anonymous

• How about a gift card to a Bed and breakfast?

Or different restaurants gift cards for once a month in a small photo album. Have them take pictures and write about their experience. ($20.00) Could be fun I know I would like that.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:44 PM on May. 20, 2010

• In all honesty I give cash. The amount depends on how close I am to the couple. Sometimes we will go in on a group gift with other couples to get a "big ticket" item - for example, when one of my hubby's co-coaches gets married the rest of the coaching staff will get a group gift from all of us.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:03 PM on May. 20, 2010

• A gift card will do it.
    zip10469

Answer by zip10469 at 11:32 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Honestly, money or gift cards are what new couples usually want, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:04 AM on May. 21, 2010

• at a wedding the bride's cousin made her a scrapbook with pictures of them throughout their relationship. it was placed next to the guest book. very creative n personal
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 1:26 AM on May. 21, 2010

• money
    thisloveofmine

Answer by thisloveofmine at 1:45 AM on May. 21, 2010