Have you tried Zumba?

I just caught an infomercial for Zumba workout videos. It looks like something I might be able do, though maybe not gracefully. I think my kids might even do it with me. Have you tried it? What did you think? How difficult is it to follow the steps? Have you lost any weight or toned up by doing it?

Thanks!

TweenAndTwinMom

Asked by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:40 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• The great part of Zumba is that the work out is about moving and sweating, so as long as you are trying to do the steps you will get a good work out. I loved it, I am overweight by 75 lbs it is hard but fun and an amazing work out. And like I said as long as you are trying even if the form is great you will still get a good work out.
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 10:46 PM on May. 20, 2010

• i tried it once at a gym and i hated it. im not a dancer, im not spanish, and they went way too fast. its just not my kind of work out. im a good old fashioned cardio kickboxing work outer..
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:11 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I go to zumba classes 3 times a week. We have 2 amazing trainers, ex ballroom dance champions. They are both very funny, both Hispanics, one is a woman in her 40s and the other is a guy in his 30s. We laugh a lot and the hour flies by. Usually we turn off the lights and put up the disco lights. It's really something for me, as the mother of two babies, to feel like I go to a dance club 3 times a week. Actually, one time, we rented a club downtown on a Saturday morning and did a zumbathon, which was 90 minutes of continuous dancing. I am not the best dancer, but I like to dance. They use all kinds of dance steps from Latino dancing but it's not like they are teaching you how to dance, it's very repetitive moves, you can master them fairly quick. I have lost 20 pounds since I go there, started 8 months ago. But I also watch what I eat. I feel great afterwards, physically, mentally, emotionally. (continued)

cristinaberger

Answer by cristinaberger at 11:33 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Sometimes the male trainer turns us on sexually, so my husband really appreciates that part of my workout.
    I suggest you go to zumba.com and look for a class around your house. Zumba DVDs are far from the real experience. It's like watching a porn movie and masturbating versus making love.
    cristinaberger

Answer by cristinaberger at 11:35 PM on May. 20, 2010