Trouble Finding a job....

I just graduated with a BS degree in Biology and a second BS degree in Psychology and I'm having a really hard time finding a job because most places are on "hiring freezes". Is anyone else having a hard time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Money & Work

• I'm having a hard time because I have been home for the last 5 years and everyone wants 1-3 years recent work experience. It sucks...
    Anonymous

• yes I have a work gap myself so I am having a hard time myself. I had to quit school due to the sitter getting a job and not being able to find anyone in 1 weeks time and now I need a job as a CNA which I have done for many years but the last 4 years I really have not worked and I am just so frustrated! For me there are jobs but I think its the gap!
    Anonymous

• I'm a small (very small) business owner. No one around here is hiring unless you're a nurse or doctor. Which stinks because it would be nice to have a more stable job and move the biz to the back burner for a while. The few jobs hiring don't like gaps at all, even if they are filled by owning/managing a business. I think it's still a hard time everywhere for people looking for any jobs.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 11:35 PM on May. 20, 2010

• It makes it worse now that everyone uses the internet for hiring. It's easier for them to just reject you or dismiss you based on just your application. Which is a shame because you can't get a sense of who someone is from a piece of paper.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 12:28 AM on May. 21, 2010

• How have you structured your job search? What kind of networking are you doing? Do you have an up-to-date resume? Are you sending individualized cover letters with your resumes?

I do career and job search coaching; send me a message offlist if you have any questions.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:25 AM on May. 21, 2010

• NOPE!! I work from home and specialize in helping others work from home to bridge that GAP!
    www.BeHomeNow.biz
    tafania

Answer by tafania at 6:48 PM on May. 21, 2010

• Actually no, i can walk in an get a job in the pharmacy anythime I want to, i tested it and proved it to myself.

But I dont like having a job cause My skills are highly in demand, which means a lot of overtime! NO THANK YOU!

I work from home now http;//www.newcareer4me.info Here is my website EmmaLeeInc.com

Best of luck!

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 10:29 PM on May. 21, 2010