Money is tight and there are baby showers and weddings

I work with 3 women that are pregnant and all 3 of them invited me to their baby showers. None of them bought a present for my babyshower when I was pregnant nor did they even attend even though they were invited. I've also been invited to 2 weddings of friends who did not attend my wedding or give me a present. I am moving and trying to find a job and money is REALLY tight right now because of the move and with my husband getting ready to go back to school and me just graduating college and starting to pay back student loans. Should I feel guilty if I don't buy them a present? What would anyone else do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Money & Work

• Send a congratulation card to each of them. You can get them 2/$1.00 at Dollar Tree.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 11:04 PM on May. 20, 2010

• OMG are you miss popularity or what?! I mean even if you do cheaper gifts with all those it will add up. Honestly you can only do what you can do. You will feel bad but if you can't afford it don't put yourself out.
    Anonymous

• just buy them inexpensive gifts.. but if i were in ure place i wouldnt go to their baby showers as they didnt come to mine. i know thats a little bit mean but our friends also need to realize that if they dont care about celebrating our special occasions then no need to expect such thing from us !!
    same thing happened to me, when i got married, a friend of mine didnt come. nor did send any gift, im not greedy and dont really care for her gift but im mentioning this here because it really pissed me off when i told her i couldnt attend her wedding, so she send me the link to her bridal registry again on my gmail !! (although i did know about her bridal registry which was imprinted on the invitation card) .. so some friends can really suck !!
    Anonymous

• An invitation is merely that, an invitation. It's not an obligation, unless you attend the event.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:45 AM on May. 21, 2010

• No I don't think you should. When money was tight for us and we had birthday party after birthday party and a wedding and a baby shower I just said I'm here and thats got to be good enough. If you don't have the money you shouldn't put your family in a crunch to make someone else happy.

Zara Nichols
    Helping Moms Work From Home
    www.4AHappyLife.com
    ZaraN

Answer by ZaraN at 8:56 AM on May. 21, 2010

• I would not attend, but send a card. Usually if you attend, a gift is pretty much expected. Like someone else said .. you can get cards 2 for $1 at Dollar Tree
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 1:16 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I can help you make a minimum check of $500 this month. Let me know if you are interested! MIght help with the financial issues.
    www.BeHomeNow.biz
    tafania

Answer by tafania at 6:46 PM on May. 21, 2010