Why can't I get over my dislike my SIL?

Sorry, there is no where to put this...DH and I got married in 1999, and SIL was 12 or so. We got along pretty well for years. She even stayed with DH and I while her Mom was out doing whatever and whoever. I have been civil with MIL for years, but no more. She has always hated that I took her "baby boy" against her really hateful advice. DH and I separated a few years ago and that's when it all started with my SIL. She was so hateful to me during the separation even though DH and I tried our best to keep our families out of our business. We got back together, even bought a house and had another baby but it seems like nothing I do or say will make her stop hating me. She is constantly rude, and condescending to me. It's as if her words are chosen just to rile me up or hurt my feelings. I cannot bring myself to like her. I've tried. We were actually friends until she met her fiance. Then she got really self centered and spoiled

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• CUT HER OFF.
    Honestly, this is all you can do. She's a toxic person for you. Whatever her issues are with you, they are HERS and no longer yours to think about. Screw it. Walk away, be done. If she ever asks you, you can tell her she's toxic for you and your kids. If she talks behind your back you just say, "Well, that's just like her to avoid the source (you) and bitch like a coward behind your back."
    Lastly, my SIL was a nightmare (older sister and protectiver over dh) and I eventually just quit talking to her. It was the only way. AND just wait till your SIL starts having marriage problems because everyone goes through them. Be bigger and don't point it out or take sides.
    Anonymous

• i dont like my sil either. she is a piece of crap in my book. she probably heard whatever your MIL was saying about you and ran with it. next time she says something you dont like tell her how you feel about her. how rude she is being. and how childish. and that like it or not, you are her sister in law.
    Anonymous

• ...cont'd...because her fiance was rich and from a nice family. She sort of turned from a normal girl to some one who made others feel inferior. It was even mentioned on an anonymous Q and A site if anyone had ever told her she made people feel inferior or if she knew people think she was snobby. All her friends of course took up for her, even the ones who have complained about her TO ME. Anyhow, I just cannot bring myself to like her. After all the things she has said and continues to say to me or about me to mutual acquaintances, I cannot stand her. She also likes to show up unannounced, holidays are always planned around her and she talks crap about EVERY one. Even questioning DH and I on our parenting one day when she was mad at me.
    Anonymous

• SIL's are.. ure not alone !!! my SIL is older than my DH. her own DH is like her puppy dog !! she orders him around and get things done her way. honestly im not lying, anyone who spends 5 mins with that couple can immediately predict that. but she HATES it when my DH says something in my favor or stands up for me even in minor of things!! on one occasion she even told him that he's the man of the house and should have balls to behave like a real man !! but u should really see her relationship with her DH! its really too funny to watch ! she's such a hypocrite. but then im like, "what the hell , she's really not worth it that i get tensed up because of her" .. so best is to chill and ignore that ure SIL is acting like a bitch.. trust me !! they hate it when u have a ''non-caring and not really giving a sh*t attitude" .. this is going to keep u calm , avoid fights with ure DH and piss her off even more ! works for me :D
    Anonymous

• OP HERE~ I also would like to mention that I honestly think one of the reasons I dislike her is that she got really pissed off when DH and I got separated and blamed it all on me. She has never gotten over that. I also lost a friend. She is getting married and has made it clear that she doesn't care if I come as long as my kids do. Oh and heaven forbid some one tell her they don't agree with her. She calls her whole family and tells them how evil I am because I won't allow my kids around her "nice" parties when there is drinking,
    Anonymous

• Anon 10:40pm~ I can't exactly cut her off completely. DH and I have three kids who love her and we are family. I kinda have to be around her. I've tried to delete her from social networking sites, but then she gets all bent out of shape. All I was trying to do was keep myself from her bull crap so she couldn't provoke me, you know? I don't really know how to remove myself from the situation without her causing more crap in the family. I don't want DH to be mad at me, but I think that if I try to stay away from his family gatherings it would be best for every one. I will attend her wedding later this year.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on May. 21, 2010