Has anyone tried E-Cigarettes?

How are they? Worth the investment? Is it about the same cost as traditional cigarettes? More or less?

I'd like to try that as a first stage toward quitting; I'm at one pack a day for hell over 18 years and he's at 2-3 packs a day!! He's really addicted to the nicotine; me it's more the physical habit...I 'can' go without if I'm somewhere I can't have any without any problem but the minute I'm done and my hands are free that's the first thing I think of.

But I'd like to hear some first hand accounts before I spend $80 on a starter kit!

Thank you

/OP/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Health

• the electronic ciggerate? i personally didnt like it that much. it tasted wierd, and i didnt know when to stop smoking it. plus it was expensive. i think im going to try the nicorrette gum.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:17 PM on May. 20, 2010

• WHAAAAAAT?
    Anonymous

• my husband has and they worked for him
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:16 AM on May. 21, 2010

• i didnt know when to stop smoking it.
    *****
    ooooh that's a good point. they didn't have instructions or anything that said like what a normal time period is? I didn't think about that.

*****
    Anon #1 it's a tube that looks like a cigarette but has a nicotine cartridge inside that warms up I guess and releases the nicotine and it creates "smoke" with water vapor; to give you the sensation your still smoking ...my FIL had the old school where it was just a nicotine cartridge you inhaled but it was smaller and fatter than a cigarette and the nicotine is odorless; smokeless etc...so you never felt like you were doing anything really...

/OP/
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on May. 21, 2010

• I'm not sure about cost but my MIL got one for her bday. One cartridge(the part that looks like the filter I think) is like a carton of smokes. That's what she told me. I tried it and it was okay but they are a bit heavier that a cigarette.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 2:05 AM on May. 21, 2010

• I LOVE them. I switched over to "Green Smoke" when I became an affiliate with them. And I will never go back! They are cheaper, cleaner, and healthier... Plus they are legal everywhere, even in Non-Smoking areas because there is no second hand smoke... I will never go back!

Oh, and the fact that they come in Chocolate flavor doesn't hurt either!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:57 AM on May. 21, 2010

• TY Sabrina I will def look into those!
    Anonymous