What makes a book good in your opinion?

Whats your favorite book and what made it that way to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am nosey so when I read a book about some one's life and their experience it hold my attention. It doesn't matter what they say or what they have been through its still a great read to me!

Anonymous

• "Flowers in the Attic" Held my interest from the first line.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:11 AM on May. 21, 2010

• I'm weird in that I try to avoid fiction for the most part. I kind of think if I get caught up in fiction, I'll lose interest in true stories. So I like biographies and stuff. I need to read more. I can't say one thing that I like best, but it really has to do with how the author writes. The same story could be boring as cardboard or very interesting. "Seabiscuit" was one of those that I found really kept my attention, although I couldn't say why. If someone had told me how much detail and history was in it, I wuld have thought it sounded boring!

I AM reading a novel right now: To Kill a Mockingbird. I like stories that are written to inspire. After seeing the movie, I wanted to read the book. I definitely like stories, not historical or informational books.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:34 AM on May. 21, 2010

• I have read so many books.... they make it good depending on the content and the storyline. Is it full of deep revelation or not . This goes for fiction and non fiction books.. In Fiction I love allegorical books like Hinds Feet in High Places, or Ted Dekkers books.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:36 AM on May. 21, 2010

• For fiction it's engaging and well written characters, I also read nonfiction books so I can learn something new. Some of my favorite books I've read this year are The Help by Kathryn Stockett, Nefertiti by Michelle Moran, and The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.

The Hunger games is a young reader series meant for middle and high school kids but I've read it along with my kids, and everyone, including my husband got hooked on this one because the characters are so well written.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:18 AM on May. 21, 2010

• Robots.... I love Robots.

Favourite book EVER?? Man, that's a hard one. Can i have two??

Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy, and Robot Trilogy by Isaac Asimov. The beginning of great robot / sci-fi.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 7:06 AM on May. 21, 2010

• I'm a big fan on non-fiction religious material. I love Karen Armstrong, Brian McLaren, Huston Smith, etc. Anything that inspires me or discusses religion without any sort of bias or prejudice.

If we're talking fiction, though, anything that has characters that are easy to connect to, or a story line that's easy to get sucked into. Some of my favorite works of fiction include the Wicked series, Twilight (yeah, yeah, lol), Les Miserables, The Historian, The Davinci Code (although Angels and Demons was even better!), etc. I don't read a whole lot of fiction anymore, though...

I'm on GoodReads, if anyone else is... LOL
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 7:47 AM on May. 21, 2010