Watching your child?

How do some of you deal with this problem? My husbands mother isnt fit to watch my son I think, she dosent know what he can and cant eat and how big of pieces, she works all night and dosent get home until 1am normally, would have to get up at 8am to watch him on not much sleep. She dosent have a very clean house, she has 6 cats and they do whatever they want when they want. Her idea of cleaning something is just with water. He dosnt like to admit his mother isnt always right. If I am there I dont mind becouse I am watching him and cleaning things off, but my husband is going to let her watch him alone. I just dont see why he cant see what she is and does. How do you deal with this if your husband sees nothing wrong with things the person he wants to watch them? and you do? My son is just 13 months old and gets into everything and has to be watch all the time, I dont feel she can keep up with him.

Newmommys101

Asked by Newmommys101 at 11:56 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• omg! me and you are in like the same situation almost. my SO's mom smokes pot like all day, she gave my son a piece of chicken when he was like 10 months old without asking me, she goes for months at a time without seeing the kid and really knows nothing about him, she refuses to make his food or heat up his bottles the way that i do and ask her to, she used to leave her kids crying until they go to sleep, etc.etc. & my SO just thinks its no big deal and why dont i ever want her to watch him. it pisses me the fuck off. im like hello, what do you not care about our son? like i know shes ur mom but it is what it is. i guess its just normal to them cuz thats who raised them. shes only watched him a few times and not for long, and i make her come to my house while she watches him.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:01 AM on May. 21, 2010

• my son is 14 month and I would not let anyone with pet cats watch him. I fully understand you concern about the cleaning less in her house but If you can afford it. You should be thinking in a babbysitter and if your husband is not happy with it you ask him what if your mom wasnt here. In the other hand, it always a blessing to have asome one in the family who can watch your kids as longer their respest the child's parents. You both are responsible for this child. God bless and Good Luck!
    Always Remember Gradma's Never Listen,
    zip10469

Answer by zip10469 at 12:22 AM on May. 21, 2010

• She works all day, and has a house to tend to?? Why does she need another thing to have to do. Go over to visit, so she can enjoy your company, but not have the obligation of watching your kiddo. Find a different babysitter.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:32 AM on May. 21, 2010