IS IT NORMAL FOR A 14 MONTH OLD NOT TO WALK YET

guess0301

Asked by guess0301 at 3:48 PM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think it is.. my son did not walk until he was right around 13 or 14 months old. He was my first child so I don't know if that had anything to do with it. Both my daughters walked before they turned one, so I am not sure if it is a boy girl thing.. that has only been my experience.. If you are not sure what to think then you might want to as your childs doctor what is the norm.. but I think it is perfectly ok not to be walking yet, and before you know you will be watching your child and off they go, walking like it is nothing to them.. I think all children do everything at different levels and at different times...
    BreakingFree

Answer by BreakingFree at 3:52 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I don't think it's normal, but my girls are 13 months and don't even stand alone yet. My oldest daughter walked at 7 mos. and my 2 year old walked around a year. So all kids are different. It probably just depends on how much time you have to work with your child on learning how to walk. Honestly though, it really doesn't matter if a child walks at 6 mos or 18 mos. You'll know when your child is ready to learn.
    luvmy8kidsinIN

Answer by luvmy8kidsinIN at 3:52 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• My daughter didn't even crawl until she was 11 mos.old and wasn't wsling until about 15 or 16 mos. I was a little worried but once she started there was no stopping her!! Every child is different and they go at their own pace.
    momto1727

Answer by momto1727 at 5:16 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• mine didn't walk until that time we did more tummy time and baby excerises and it helped and videos that showed walking like baby videos
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 10:54 PM on Jun. 27, 2008