In my late forties and having full second period after one week, help?

I went to my dr last year and he told me this was normal for a woman my age. I thought periods where supposed to get lighter as we got older. Why do I keep having cycles like this? I will be normal for a few months, but with heavy bleeding, and then like this month two periods back to back of heavy bleeding. Anyone gone through this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on May. 21, 2010 in Health

• my mother is going thru this as we speak, and her doctor assures her it is all normal, with the varying levels of hormones going thru your body, its not always true they will get consistently lighter, they can go back and forth, apparently. my mom will actually go for months with none, and then have a very heavy one, and then light, and then months with none, its really wierd, but normal. my mom will be 49 this year, btw. hope this helps you feel better, or realize you are not alone!
    jeanniegirl82

Answer by jeanniegirl82 at 1:32 AM on May. 21, 2010

• You're perimenopausing ask to get on bc Loestrin 24 it's going to lighten up your periosteum n make them regular GL
    been there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on May. 21, 2010

• Lighten up your periods... Sorry I don't no where that word came from
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on May. 21, 2010