When people say "i cut out soda's"....

When people diet, I always notice they say they stop drinking soda. But does it really matter that much if you just stick to diet? No calories, no carbs. How can you gain from that? And I know all the buzz about aspartame, but that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking purely about calories and weight gain. Soda shouldn't matter in dieting if you stick to diet, should it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on May. 21, 2010 in Health

• Somehow I still think it has lots of sugar and has an after taste thatbis the only difference.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on May. 21, 2010

• Even diet soda is bad for you.... read the label.. can you even ID all the crap in there??

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on May. 21, 2010

• No idea. I don't think soda. Ever.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on May. 21, 2010

• technically, i guess it wouldnt matter, but there is still the carbonic acid that is in it, and promotes tooth decay even without the added sugar. we went to mammoth cave national park last year, and the tour leader asked my son, who was the only kid in the group of mostly senior citizens, lol, if he would ever drink carbonic acid, and of course my kid said, "ewww, no way". we were then informed that carbonic acid is what carves the caves and gives them a lot of their formations, and then told that the carbonic acid that is in soda, is about 16 times stronger than what carves the caves!!! that gives you something to think about, no wonder so many kids teeth are rotten! just a thought, lol.
    jeanniegirl82

Answer by jeanniegirl82 at 1:52 AM on May. 21, 2010

• When something says it has on calories or carbs it does not mean it really does. They are still aloud so much in it for it to still be called diet. Just like all diet foods. A diet needs to be healthy food not just a bunch of junk that "says" its diet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on May. 21, 2010

• I'd have to go digging....but there has been research saying that as far as weight gain, diet sodas are no better than regular soda. So cutting soda itself is better than going to diet.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:54 AM on May. 21, 2010

• Everything's bad for you these days. This and that causes cancer. Everything has preservatives in and all kinds of dye's.Even those apples at MacDonald's are bad for you because all of the preservatives to keep them fresh in their packages and from turning brown. But better than french fries. You just have to pick the lesser of 2 evils. I'm addicted to diet pop. I don't gain any weight on it either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on May. 21, 2010

• "I'd have to go digging....but there has been research saying that as far as weight gain, diet sodas are no better than regular soda. So cutting soda itself is better than going to diet. "

I've read/heard this too. Like your body starts treating the artificial sweeteners the same as sugar or something.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 3:55 AM on May. 21, 2010

• If you are eating things with artificial sweetener in them, your body is still craving sweetness. If you cut out the sweets completely, your body stops craving them. Or that's what i've heard. I don't necessarily live by that, I've just read it!

Answer by missanc at 7:53 AM on May. 21, 2010

• all i know, is that if i go with an all natural diet i do not have to count calories or watch what i eat at all. if you eat what the body can recognize as food, then your body is not bogged down trying to process all the other stuff you are putting in your mouth...and your body is able to function the way it was meant to.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:49 AM on May. 21, 2010