Cuddling baby?

Advice from mothers of crib sleepers only please, not co-sleepers.

I love cuddling my 4 month old when hes asleep. I'll put him to bed around 11, and sometimes when I got to bed about an hour 1/2 later, I check on him, and hes so cute. So sometimes I usually pick him up and bring him to bed with me to cuddle him for a while, then put him back in his crib. Am I making a mistake? Is he going to get used to it, and eventually not want to be in his crib? Should I stop doing this altogether?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 AM on May. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I cuddle with my son when i put him sot sleep and keep him with me for a little while and then put him in his crib. and he usually stays asleep.
    ilybaby8609

Answer by ilybaby8609 at 2:20 AM on May. 21, 2010

• I put him in his crib awake so he can learn to fall asleep on his own. I get him out after he's fallen asleep. I'm worried that he will get used to the cuddling and start being difficult around bedtime.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:25 AM on May. 21, 2010

• oh i see, ya, i think you should just let him sleep. cause truthfully my son does not go to sleep unless i rock him. and love but i wish he would just go to sleep on his own to.
    ilybaby8609

Answer by ilybaby8609 at 3:12 AM on May. 21, 2010

• I know you mean well and you love him dearly.but you may be making a mistake.when he is older and won't sleep in his own bed, it is so hard to get them back in their own bed.Just give him extra hugs and kisses during the day.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 9:05 AM on May. 21, 2010

• I cosleep. I relish the coziness and downtime and we all get sleep (well, my husband more than me since I do the diaper change and breastfeeding).
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:13 AM on May. 21, 2010

• Whether or not you are spoiling him depends on how old he is. Before about 6 months, I would say no you aren't, but after that point you might be. Try for a couple nights not cuddling him and see what happens, that should let you know if he's getting spoiled or not.
    Anonymous

• **shurg** I see no issues here. They don;'t sleep all night consistently thorugh year one anyway.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:45 PM on May. 21, 2010

• You can only spoil children with THINGS, not with love and affection.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 5:37 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I did this with my first child. He was just so sweet and cuddly that I didn't want to put him down in his crib and I would either rock him or put him in the bed with me. Well now we are at eighteen months and he is just now learning to sleep in his crib. But do I regret it? Oh no because you can never get those years back so I say do whatever you want with your precious angel!!
    RobinE8

Answer by RobinE8 at 12:00 AM on May. 22, 2010