is mydaughters to young to get there hair pressed

ok so i have an 8 year old and a six year old,they both have a really good grade of hair and both of there hair goes down there back i let my 8 year odl get her hair pressed once when she took her cheerleading pictures this was the first time i ever put heat on her hair and for my six year old i just flat ironed her hair
now my question to you guys is do you think my daughters is to young to start getting there hair pressed i really dont wanna burn out there hair or mess it up the most i do is flat iron and it looks really nice and straight but it gets poofy after 3 days and i dont wanna keep putting heat on there hair everyday because if thats the case then i might as well press it u know?

well any who barre with me im in my 6th week of beauty college and i plan to open my own shop next year lol:)(,,im soo serious about that)

LABELmeCUTE

Asked by LABELmeCUTE at 2:51 AM on May. 21, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• If it were me, I wouldn't waste the time. It sounds very time consuming, and they are just so young. What is their ethnicity? Have you tried braiding or just clips?
    sstokes86

Answer by sstokes86 at 2:57 AM on May. 21, 2010

• ^^@sstokes86
    there:mixed with,mexican,black,belizan and creole
    and yes braiding is what got there hairs growing soo long,and i dont worry about how long it takes because i rather take my time so it can look nice
    but they have wore pony tails and braids and head bands for there whole lifes and for easter i put twistes and flat iron it

do u think the 8 year old is to young?
    LABELmeCUTE

Answer by LABELmeCUTE at 3:11 AM on May. 21, 2010

• Are you talking about chemically straightening it? Cuz then I would say yes they're too young, I'd worry about using harsh chemicals on them and worry about them breathing them. I'd stick with braiding and occasional flat ironing. But braiding looks SOOO nice on hair like that, especially when people get all creative with it, it's like a work of art!
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 4:00 AM on May. 21, 2010

• Your daughter's hair looks ADORABLE in you profile wall paper! Why mess with it at all?
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 4:04 AM on May. 21, 2010

• im talking about just ressed no perms or anything
    and yea i think i"ll just stick to braids they look so cute with there beads
    and i guess i"ll start actually pressing my 8 year olds hair when she gets in 8th grade so that it can get trained for pressing so when she gets in high school she can wear it pressed
    thankkk uuu guys:)
    LABELmeCUTE

Answer by LABELmeCUTE at 4:04 AM on May. 21, 2010

• When shes a little older, then you can teach her how to do it, if she really wants to. My mom told me to take care of my long hair when I was little and if I didn't, she would cut it off. well, she sure enough did. I wouldn't recommend that, but maybe she'll want to take care of it herself. As long as its just heat, I don't think shes too young
    sstokes86

Answer by sstokes86 at 1:21 PM on May. 21, 2010