OCD and not in my own, comfortable environment?

I have OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) and I am currently on vacation staying with my parents while DH is out of town. It's a crowded house with my sister, her boyfriend and her baby too. We live completely different lifestyles. They are kind of messy and I'm a neat freak. It's a long vacation, and I'm not going home until July. My mom is begging me to stay longer, but I can barely stand it now. My sisters BF leaves scum and pubes in the shower every time he gets in. They get toothpaste all over the mirror and sink. Basically every pet peave and trigger for my OCD is going off here. I love spending time with my family, but it's not my home and I don't have a right to tell them how to live. So i spend my days cleaning up after them. I keep asking that they help, but they don't. What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 AM on May. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• too bad you can't take a vacation from your OCD... and i dont mean that in a bad way.... can you spend more time out of the house???
    you can continue to clean up after then with little or no help or you can TRY to 'live' with it till july
    what are some things that are calming and relaxing??? sorry i am not really a big help ....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:09 AM on May. 21, 2010

• That is actually what broke me of my ocd, I think. Because I am very shy and timid but we had to stay with my husbands aunt for a while and in one position I want to scrub scrub scrub but in another it wasn't my home or my things. Now that we are back in our own place my ocd isn't as bad as it use to be. Now it is more of an anxiety thing. When my emotions get to high I have to scrub and scrub no matter how clean it already is. Especially when my mom comes over my stress level goes through the roof and all i can do is think about how dirty the house is even though it is spotless.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 8:49 AM on May. 21, 2010