How do I get rid of all the nats!?

My husband was home on his own for a few weeks. Therefore... NOTHING got cleaned around this house! The house is FILLED with nats. Other than take out trash, do dishes, and clean up trash and old food.... what can I do to get rid of the nats? because thats all been done now and they are still flying around like crazy!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:55 AM on May. 21, 2010 in Home & Garden

• flypaper where they hang out the most also works in trapping them.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 11:28 AM on May. 21, 2010

• pour apple cider vinegar into a SHALLOW dish (preferably a saucer with no lip) and add a little bit of beer... then put a single drop of dish soap in the middle. then just set it on the counter close to the "population" HAHAHA! i do it without the beer, only because i don't buy it, so i never have it on hand. lol.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 4:02 AM on May. 21, 2010

• (forgot to mention... if there is a lip on the dish, you won't get as many gnats as you would if there isn't one. the smoothness of the edge makes it so if the gnat lands even close to the edge of the liquid, it will then be pulled into the liquid on its own.)
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 4:05 AM on May. 21, 2010

• A.) Having nats does not mean your house is dirty. I know people who maintain a spotless house, even have cleaning people in 2-3 times a week and still have a problem with nats. I agree that if your house is not clean, then you will have more of them, and probably other bugs too. B.) I have been told to put a little sugar water in a small bowl, cover the bowl with plastic wrap, poke holes in the plastic wrap, and place it on the counter or over the kitchen sink. That creates a trap.
    Angel8203

Answer by Angel8203 at 5:12 PM on May. 21, 2010

• the cider thing isn't working... :( and i dont have any plastic wrap lol
    Anonymous