Do you think if masterbation was more accepted in homes that there would be less teenage sex???

saw a post and wondered. I'd rather having my kid jerk off then get a girl pregnant at 14. how about you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:26 AM on May. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes in a way. If mutual Masturbation was given as an option. I have no problem telling my 15 year old girls that it is nice to have mutual masturbation vs. sex. Penetration should be reserved for marriage. They know that 'saving themselves' for marriage doesn't mean that they can't 'have fun' with a boy. If masturbation was more acceptable and talked about AND the idea of Mutual was put in there heads... Yeah I think so.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:05 AM on May. 21, 2010

• WOW, I cant even think of this one...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:28 AM on May. 21, 2010

• Not so much, I think they wouldnt listen anyways. I think if parents would talk to their kids more about the consequenses, then it would help more. But they'll always do what they want in the end. My mom didnt care what I was doing, and she never lectured em on the consequences (even though I knew what they were) but maybe if she would have put more rules, and talked to me a little more I wouldnt have got pregnant at 16.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:35 AM on May. 21, 2010

• I wish that were the case. Honestly though, I think whether you accept your teenage boys private time choices or not, he's going to do it and he's going to do it A LOT. I don't think it takes away from the pressure to loose their virginity though. For one thing, teen aged guys use the loss of virginity as a status symbol. It's a race for them. They're not giving in to impulses because they've me a girl they think they're in love with (not usually), they're trying to not be the last one to loose it. I think it's been that way for a long time, and I really don't see how anything will change it. It's the teenage world, and nothing from the adult world is going to alter it.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:33 AM on May. 21, 2010

• No, I don't think so. Boys have been masturbating for years. Girls have too but they are better at hiding it LOL... You can teach your children all about peer-pressure, consequences etc.. It doesn't make much of a difference. Teens have a mind set that they are invisible and nothing "bad" will happen to them. The double standard is what needs to change, boys can get all they want and as long as they don't knock a girl up they get a "that a boy". So they do try hard to get what they want from girls. Girls on the other hand, want the love that comes with it. And think by giving in they will get that love or keep that boyfriend. It sucks but for most, that is how it goes.. Do you remember all the lines your boyfriends told you to get some LOL.. If you love me you will crap.. Yeah, moms warn your DD of what they will say; that gives them power.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:14 AM on May. 21, 2010

• No. I think if people stopped thinking with their genitalia and realized that sex is actually just a tiny part of life, that there'd be less teenage sex. There'd be less baby-mama/baby-daddy drama. A lot of things would be better for a lot of people.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:57 AM on May. 21, 2010