How was your wedding ceremony planned?

We're having a meeting with our pastor tomorrow to go over the details. We've already talked some, but tomorrow we're going over all the little details. Like music.. I'm having trouble finding songs to play before the processional. Plu I have no clue what to play during the ceremony, cause I don't want it to be too loud. We're using mixed cd's, we're trying to stay cheap lol. Our budget was 2500, but we've spent about 4000 lol. But any info/advice you can give me, would be greatly appreciated :)

Jessica1991

Asked by Jessica1991 at 3:29 AM on May. 21, 2010 in Entertainment

• With the music, we picked the processional but not the music before that. The music minister at my parent's church (where we got married-members and families could have ceremonies there for free) was a violinist, so we had him play for us and he and his wife, who plays piano just played music of their choosing that went well with the processional (which was Pachelbel's Canon, not the traditional Handel piece) Nothing was played during the actual spoken ceremony, we had a friend sing while the unity candle was lit. The order and vows were the hardest part for us to hammer out- those took us a little while to get right. We had the reception in the basement of the church, and I let my mom plan that and decorate and everything. The rehearsal was MIL's job. We also used a lot of "family talent" where we could to save money. We made the dresses, his grandma helped with the flowers, we got a good deal on invitations where CONT
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 11:46 AM on May. 21, 2010

• We just called the Rabbi and made an appointment.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:09 AM on May. 21, 2010

• CONT the tuxes were rented-if all the tuxes were returned in good condition we got the invitations free, and the rental place also had a thing where if there are six or more tuxes being rented, the groom's was free. All told, I think our wedding cost maybe 1500, could have been less. The flowers were fake, since it was a winter wedding, so that saved a lot. A family member had to do the pictures because the photographer didn't get there; she did a pretty good job. It is really the little stuff that catches you; you can list everything that you still need and see if you know someone who can do it for less than you expected, or if you can find it on sale or substitute for something a little less costly (like fake instead of real flowers)
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 11:50 AM on May. 21, 2010