So confused...

So the father of my child and I have been together for 2 1/2 yrs... we have had alot of issues... he is a hard worker and a good dad.... The thing is because of his past I feel alot of hidden anger.... I love him but I feel like I'm not in love with him anymore... I want it to work out so bad but I feel like he is trapping me sometimes.... he gets mad when I want to go out once in a blue moon (he seems to think my work is going out)... He is 10 yrs older then me and I just don't feel that "spark" or anythng anymore. We aren't intimate, we barely see eachother.... I want it to work so bad but I feel like it won't. I feel like we are going to just be friends... is this normal or is it time to move on? I'm so confused... I feel like I am lost......

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:08 AM on May. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• I'm not sure if he is being controlling by not letting you go out because if that is the case I would go now before it gets worse.
    Or if it is because he wants to spend time with you, because as you said you don't see each other much. That also may be why you are having problems. When you don't see each other as often as you would like or should it puts a big hinder in relationship.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 7:57 AM on May. 21, 2010

• I was with a man who was 10 years older then myself for 5 years, 'I grew thats it'.I am much happier today with my fiance & our kids and he is the same age as myself. As I look back now I realize I was more of a trophy wife; more so then any love.I'm SOOOO happy I moved on!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:12 AM on May. 21, 2010

• I have had the same feelings of that spark being gone.but it comes and goes.One day I will think "I am not in LOVE anymore" and then a coupe days later, he will do something nice.and then it comes back for a moment.If you have kids it is worth staying together.As long as things are not abusive.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 8:48 AM on May. 21, 2010

• You don't sound like you are married since you just said he was bio dad not dh so I would find what life had in store for me. I can't deal with no sparks. Boredom would set in and I'd get myself in trouble. You do what is right for you but life is too short to be sparkless imho
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on May. 21, 2010

• If you hardly see each other, how can he stop you from doing what you want to do? It sounds as if you have made up your mind to leave but there's one thing preventing you from doing it. I suggest you think long and hard about any decision that you make regarding your relationship with him for the sake of your child. If the relationship is over, there's no need in continuing torturing yourself...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 10:58 AM on May. 21, 2010