cooking during pregnancy

I am 31 weeks pregnant,Would like to know if the heat from the stove while cooking affects the baby.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:35 AM on May. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No. Standing next to a conventional stove top or oven won't harm the baby. You would have some serious burns before the baby would even feel the warmth from the heat. Your baby is well padded within your womb and is surround by water.

Standing next to a microwave oven for extended periods of time might be different, but I don't have any knowledge of those studies, so I'm not sure. Just to be safe though, I don't stand next to the microwave when it is running, and I don't let me kids stand in front of it peering in either (though they do want to!! Its fascinating to watch it work)

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 8:53 AM on May. 21, 2010

• ummmm. no....thats just ridiculous
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:37 AM on May. 21, 2010

• Ditto. That's silly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:38 AM on May. 21, 2010

• I think u need another cup of coffee!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:43 AM on May. 21, 2010

• But if the excuse works to get you out of it - use it!

Answer by missanc at 7:44 AM on May. 21, 2010

• Thats funny then hunreds of thousands of women from generation to generation would have been harming their babies !!!! Good one !!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:24 AM on May. 21, 2010

• awww so sad that people are picking on you. epecially if you really felt the need to ask the question! no it wont but if it makes you feel better turn your belly to the side so it wont be directly on the stove!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 8:28 AM on May. 21, 2010

• IT may be extra warm near the stove, but the concern comes with actually raising YOUR body temperature. That's why we're told not to sit in hot tubs, not because it "burns" the baby, but because it can raise your temperature like it would if you had a fever. You're safe girl :)
    Melissa823

Answer by Melissa823 at 9:10 AM on May. 21, 2010

• Sounds like a good excuse, though!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:41 AM on May. 21, 2010

• Thanks everyone for you answers....Really appreciate it
    Anonymous