is it possible to do cio by accident?

Let me explain in more detail. i usually put my daughter in my bed and she falls asleep and i transfer her over to her crib and i been doing this for months now and every now and then she sleeps with me. so last night i was in this process after her bath and milk and i had to get the phone so i put her in her crib drowsy but awake and she fell asleep after crying and protesting for a little bit. i am going to try again tonight to put her in drowsy and see if works out again. anyone else have this happen?
btw she is 14months old

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 8:16 AM on May. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sounds like you are splitting hairs.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 8:21 AM on May. 21, 2010

• ok what? i didn't understand your answer.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 8:30 AM on May. 21, 2010

• I think it is okay to let a tot cry it out for a little bit.It is so much easier when they sleep in their own bed.but a nap on the couch with mom is okay too.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 8:34 AM on May. 21, 2010

• thanks. well she naps in her crib the same way we go to bed. so i trying to cut her of that habit. but the naps are usually when i nap too at least one of the naps. not a big issue with naps because she is use to it from daycare to put down on her own. bed time she needs help with.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 8:37 AM on May. 21, 2010

• is it possible to do cio by accident? Hmmm.... let me think.... YES! I guess it IS possible to do CIO on accident. You did it "on accident", right??

I don’t understand what you are reaching for here. Do you want us to say, CIO is OK and since you did it on accident that it isn’t really CIO??

Just do what works for your child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on May. 21, 2010

• I have had that happen. The crying was so minimal, I was like, oh, she can fall asleep by herself! I say try it tonight and see if it works again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on May. 21, 2010

• no i am not saying to say CIO is ok. i am looking anyone that this happened to. why exactly did you answer if you didn't have anything helpful to say. why put a smartass answer. i hate moms like this on this site. ugh. makes me think twice before posting.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 9:08 AM on May. 21, 2010

• I think CIO is fine as long as it doesn't last too long. I think letting them cry for long periods of time is not so nice. I could never do it, but i co-slept with DD, so i never really had to.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:44 AM on May. 21, 2010

• Does it really matter? I mean seriously, we all cio when we were kids and we are just fine. Trust me, Hon, I have to ill feelings for my mother, I have no hostility. You should read that post about the children from the 50, 60, 70 and 80. This era produced WONDERFUL people, not a bunch of coddled weinies. Please don't make your kid into a wimp... the world does not need wimps and mama's babies. It's going to be a place for only the strongest survives before too much longer. If that's the case, most of these kids these days will not last too long. Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on May. 21, 2010

• I honestly put mine to bed at her bedtime and she whines for a few and then she is out. Whining isn't CIO and when we started this she did CIO for the first 10-15 mins. My child is a healthy well adjusted kid and she goes to bed without kicking and screaming and will never sleep with us.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:38 AM on May. 21, 2010