I wanted to know how long will it be before i can get a positive pregnancy test?

I am 5 days late with my period and i am very regular I get it every 28 days. I have nausea and fatigue all the time. I also wasn't on any protection but I have taken a pregnancy test and it came out negative. How much longer should i wait to test again? and can i be pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on May. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It depends on your body and how long it takes for the HCG to build up in your system. I would wait a few days after you first tested and get a first response one that is digital. Or if you are in the position to go to your doctor and get a blood test that may be more accurate.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 9:12 AM on May. 21, 2010

• I was past six weeks with my first when I got a positive, this time I got it about five weeks. If you are still late in a week test again. If you get a negative then but still no period, call your doctor and ask them what they suggest. They may want to do a blood test or they may want to wait and see.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 11:12 AM on May. 21, 2010