What do you think of a woman who…

Marries a man, has a child by him, and then divorces him (on the grounds that he is mentally unstable)
Has another child by a different man within 2 years.
Her 2 children are illegally adopted by the babysitter, who later returns the oldest child because he refuses to call her mommy.
A third child by yet another man is born 2 years later
A fourth child by a forth man is born 2 years after that, although the father of this child is unknown (2 possible choices).
She later marries one of the men in question and remains married until his death 20+ years later.
Her husband offers to help her find the child she gave away, but she refuses
The missing child’s father contacts her (years after her husband’s death) and asks if she is interested in finding their child - she says no.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on May. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• S/N: I am posting this for my mom. She's been having abandonment issues w/ her mother all her life. No, her mom never gave her up, but she feels like she just tolerated her and later in life was happy when she grew up and left. Now she feels like she's doing it again b/c even though my mom has been there for her no matter what (child's love for their mother) she is yet abandoning her when she needs her the most. She just can't understand how a mother can turn her back on her own child. She asked me to post so here we are
    -op
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on May. 21, 2010

• I'm a little confused. But i would say that women never should have had children to begin with. Obviously, she does not have that maternal bonding necessary to be a good mom. I would tell your mother to learn from her own mothers mistakes so that her children don't have to go through what she did.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:25 AM on May. 21, 2010

• oh no Samurai- I think my mother is one of the BEST mothers out there. What are yo confused abt so I can clarify it. lol my mom wrote the first part I just posted it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on May. 21, 2010

• JERRY JERRY JERRY JERRY
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 10:29 AM on May. 21, 2010

• Whackadoo City.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on May. 21, 2010

• I'm a little confused as well. But, whoever your talking about that did this should never have had children period. It 's messed up IMO
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on May. 21, 2010

• The story just was a little to much, i could not totally grasp it. I was refering to your mothers mother though (your grandma), not your mother. I got the picture that your mom is cool, but your moms mom is not cool....right? I was referring to your grandma when i said she should not have had children, sorry!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:08 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I think that if she doesn't want to look for the child she gave up, then that's up to her. It does bother me tho that the adoptive mother gave one child back because he wouldn't call her Mommy (I'm curious how long she waited, and what their ages were, because it would take time to forget who his real Mommy was). When you take a child for adoption, you're taking them as is, no strings, with your full heart wide open, or should be anyway.
    If your mom is the one who is the mother of these children... I hope that she is at peace with the decisions that she's made, and is in a more stable life now, and if nothing else, if the child given up, has family history of mental problems, or health risks, they should be notified of them with or without personal contact. The birth father doesn't have to have the mother to find the child, just the information and she owes him that if she knows who the family is and where.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 12:42 PM on May. 21, 2010

• wow your fam is F uped...I think yeah she should not have had kids and why do you care wheat we think? I mean did you read what you posted! DRAMAAAA! Cally Jeey he will hook you guys up!
    Anonymous

• JERRY JERRY JERRY JERRY

This.
    Anonymous