37 weeks & going crazy!

Anyone have ideas as to how to stay busy while I'm just waiting for baby #2 to make an appearance? Also, any idea on jump starting labor? :) Sex isn't working so please don't suggest... LoL

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on May. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Listen - I know you're fed up and hormone crazed, so you'll get annoyed by this answer - but I mean it in the nicest possible way.

We ALL go through this.

Every mom who hits 37-39 weeks and is feeling heavy, uncomfortable, sad, excited, angry and panicky all in one go - WANTS their pregnancy to be over, we all get it.

But. Babies come when they are ready. Not a minute before, not a minute later.

Messing around to get the baby to come out (and I'm talking Castor oil and unnecessary induction - NOT walking, eating spicy foods and sex, they are all fine) - is NOT good for your baby. However excruciatingly hard it is - be patient.

Good luck.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on May. 21, 2010

• LoL - not annoyed. Been through this once before, but never tried all the funny methods. Just wanted suggestions on how to get through this time, that other ladies might have used.
    DAjZeZnLE

Answer by DAjZeZnLE at 12:08 PM on May. 21, 2010

• Good distractions to get your mind off of things.

You may not be able to do a lot physically at this point, so you can go with my favorite end of pregnancy activity - good books. You can relax and imagine you're in another world or life for as long as your nose is in a book. I just barely got back from the library with a few Jane Austin novels to get me through the last few weeks until I'm due :)

Good movies, or games can also be a great distraction.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 1:13 PM on May. 21, 2010