Irregular gestational sac, any advise please?

I have been to see my Gyno yesterday for a US. I was supposed to be 7 weeks, but they measured the baby to be 5,6 weeks. They have also found a heartbeat, but it was 93. The gyno said that the minimum was 90 and that the baby is still very small. Another thing is that my gestational sac is irregular and that was a concern for him. He said my changes was 50/50 but that I need to be positive, because there was a heartbeat. We going back in two weeks to do another US and will then know more. I was wondering if anyone out there had the same problem and what the outcome was? Good or Bad – I just want to know. I had a MC in January so we were delighted to find out I am pregnant again. Just a bit confused and scared. I am staying positive and pray that God will make this pregnancy work. Thanks in advance for any response!!!

Vlekkie

Asked by Vlekkie at 10:13 AM on May. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Things are usually really iffy that early in pregnancy. Doctors can't really tell a whole lot at 5 or even 7 weeks. If your doctor could find a heartbeat already that's a really good sign. Try not to stress about it, I know easier said than done. But stress will just make things harder. Just enjoy the next couple of weeks until you go back. By then the baby will be a little bigger and you will be able to hear the heartbeat with an U/S. The sac could be abnormal because usually at 5 weeks there's just a little ball of cells, so if you or your doctor doesn't know exactly how far along you are I wouldn't worry. Like I said, things are usually really iffy that early in pregnancy. Focus on something else for a couple weeks. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on May. 21, 2010