Does anyone here have kids with a 3 year age gap? How do they get along?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on May. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• I don't know yet... I am pregnant with number 3. And there will be a 3yr gap between this one and my youngest... There were 5 years between my sister and I. And we were never really on the same page. She was born just before I started school, then she was just starting school while I was heading for Jr High, and then I was in HS and she was starting JR High... I was out of the house before she started HS, so we never had anything in common... I would think 3yrs wouldn't be quite so bad.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:52 AM on May. 21, 2010

• My kids are almost exactly 2.5 years apart. They get along GREAT! I love the gap.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 11:09 AM on May. 21, 2010

• I have a 9yr. old, 6yr. old, almost 3yr. old, and a baby. I love the 3yr. age gap for me! My boy all play together very well, but they also fight a lot too.
    sarahmae3

Answer by sarahmae3 at 11:16 AM on May. 21, 2010

• Mine are almost 3 1/2 years apart exactly. They do just fine together most of the time. My son is older and he will be playing with his cars and my daughter will go sit beside and play. It's really cute to hear him talk to her and call her "sissy" while he is showing her something that one of his toys does. The only problems I've had so far is that he likes to roughhouse sometimes and thinks she can to. Other than that, it's gone well.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:32 AM on May. 21, 2010

• my kids get along great and they have a four year age gap. my daughter is five and my son is one. they play just fine but they still fight over toys. my daughter takes care while playing with him and she makes sure he stays out of trouble too.
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 11:44 AM on May. 21, 2010

• my 1st ans 2nd babies were 4 years apart and it was nice to have that age gap.....but then as they got older baby no. excelled at life and the oldest has learning problems so now they are 19 and 23 and there is alot of jealousy
    but yeah the first 10 yrs with those 2 were good!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on May. 21, 2010

• My are 3 years apart, but the youngest is only 3 months. DD loves her big brother; I think he fascinates her. DS loves showing off for her, but sometimes we do have to remind him to be gentle with her and to be mindful of where she is.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 12:08 PM on May. 21, 2010

• My 1st and 3rd child are 3 yrs apart and it's awesome. The challenge is the one I have in between the two. He's 20 months older than his little sister and 20 months younger than his bigger sister and that age gap stinks. If I could do it all over again I'd have each of my kids 3 yrs apart.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 12:52 PM on May. 21, 2010

• Mine are 20 days shy of 3 yrs apart...they are the yin to each others yang...best of friends. Both girls now 19 and 16.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:16 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I was a three year age gap from my brother. It was rocky sometimes but we love each other so much now. He used to blackmail me when I was little and when he got in high school he pretty much acted like I didn't exist. We were really different though he was preppy and I was a little of a hippy. After high school we were really close and are now!!
    mistij

Answer by mistij at 1:36 PM on May. 21, 2010