Painting Sea Shells.

So me and my 2.5 yr old daughter our going to paint sea shells today. I have hundreds and I figured it would be something fun and messy to do togeter lol. My question is...what could we use the shells for when we're done painting them? Anyone have any cool creative ideas? They're mostly medium-large sized shells. Only have a handful of smaller ones.

tiffers32788

Asked by tiffers32788 at 10:46 AM on May. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You can put them on terrecotta flower pots and mortar around them.

put them in a big tall vase with some sand as decor.

make stepping stones and push them into the top while they are still wet.

Glueing to picture frames works on smaller ones but yours may be too big.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:51 AM on May. 21, 2010

• You could make a tic-tac-toe board and use the pieces to play.
    ria7

• *by pieces I mean shells...just make some the same color.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:52 AM on May. 21, 2010

• We have a clear glass centerpiece, and I always thought it would be neat to do a project once a week to change out the centerpiece. Maybe do something similar, or a basket or something, that way they can be on display until your next project.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 10:52 AM on May. 21, 2010

• I always keep a basket of seashells in my bathroom. I LOVE the beach and seeing them always gives me pleasant thought/remembrances. Maybe you could put them in a basket in one of your rooms, or in a large basket next to your front door?

Answer by missanc at 11:14 AM on May. 21, 2010

• Fung shui would have you put them along the top of the toilet tank, or in a basket beside. Or you could put them on a sunny windowsill and enjoy them fading over time.

If you have a ceramic drill bit, you could press them into a bucket of wet sand (to hold them still and protect them from snapping) and drill a hole into each one then string them up as wind chimes or sun catchers... we have about 150 tiny paper cranes (origami) strung together instead of a curtain on one kitchen window...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 4:38 PM on May. 21, 2010