SHOULD I TAKE MY BABY TO A SPECIALIST IF SHE DOES NOT WALK ON HER OWN YET (14 MONTH)

guess0301

Asked by guess0301 at 3:51 PM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• This is something you should talk to her pediatrician about. If he isn't worried, then I wouldn't worry. Try to do some exercises to help her get more strength in her legs.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 3:54 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• No, you don't even really talk to your babies Dr unless they are still not walking at the end of their 16th month. And even then it is not concidered "late".
    At 19 months if she is still not walking take her in. Untill then relax, she will do it in her own time.
    My son did not walk until he was 15 months old, my friends daughter ( who is smart as pie)walked later than that. Don't worry and don't pressure her to walk, you might actually make her not like it if you do that.
    libbykate

Answer by libbykate at 3:56 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• no... some babies don't walk until 18 months or even later. I wouldn't worry.
    pilarash

Answer by pilarash at 3:59 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• my 3rd child didnt start walking solo till about 14/15 months old.. my friends daughter was over 2 yrs before she walked....
    Sunnysidemama

Answer by Sunnysidemama at 4:09 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Do you put shoes on your child? Does your LO cruise?
    schmoo_mommy

Answer by schmoo_mommy at 4:54 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• my girl started 16/17 months..no worries:)
    dearone07

Answer by dearone07 at 5:02 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• no just give her some time she is only 14 months just because other babies are walking before her doesnt mean there is anything wrong with her just help her with it and give her sometime she will eventually get it. my youngest sister didnt start walking till she was two and the doctor said there was nothing wrong with her and that she would pick up on it eventually and she did so just give your daughter some time.
    Anonymous

• My daughter walked at 16 months, the pediatrician said not to worry until 18 months or so
    Samantha99985

Answer by Samantha99985 at 6:01 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• my daughter whos now 2 didnt wal till she was 15 months..i was sooo worried and the dr. said to give her 3 more months then well worr.I actuall used to put her up against the wall and ask her to walk to me and after 3 weeks she fianlly did..now i wish shed just it down lolol
    jazmines_mommy

Answer by jazmines_mommy at 8:09 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• IT IS VERY NORMAL THAT SOME BABIES DONT WALK AT 14 MO.IF THEY DONT START WALKING BY 24 MO. THAN U WORRY KI HAD LATE WALKERS TOO.
    tonya580

Answer by tonya580 at 9:50 PM on Jun. 27, 2008