Pampered Chef

Considering becoming a consultant. Anyone tried this? Did you enjoy it? Was it profitable?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on May. 21, 2010 in Money & Work

• I did it several years ago. Honestly I got tired of doing the shows and trying to keep people 'entertained'. It wasn't profitable to me because you need to have (or did) minimum orders so to make up what I was lacking, I would buy things for myself (or my kit). I might have made a little money, but I did fully stock my kitchen with their products, so it was a win-win situation for me.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 11:32 AM on May. 21, 2010

• My mom did it for a while, but after awhile it can get very tiring and your friends and theirs tire of going to the parties. Its really only fun to go to one once or twice. You can get great products for cheaper as a consultant, but it probably won't work out long term unless you hound people and get strangers to do parties or you know a ridiculous amount of people who haven't already been to PC parties, etc.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 12:02 PM on May. 21, 2010

• i love their products but in this economy i truely dont think i could sell anything..
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 12:19 PM on May. 21, 2010

• i also sold it and really did love it but with little ones at home and at the time thier father's job was on the road, i had no way to have someone watch them to do shows. I made some ok money for doing 4 shows a month and my bf didnt realize how much till it was gone ;)
    roxyann76

Answer by roxyann76 at 1:06 PM on May. 21, 2010

• One of my FB friends does. She must make enough to keep on doing it, but she's still working at the same place she was when we met 6 yrs ago so she literally isn't making enough to quit her day job. She's constantly posting about the latest product or sale or how you can sell, too. It does get very tiring.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:30 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I wouldnt think of it, its not recession proof.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 5:00 PM on May. 21, 2010

• How big is your network? How are your selling skills?

Answer by rkoloms at 10:14 AM on May. 22, 2010

• I love Pampered chef products, however there are only so many kitchen gadgets one can have. You have to keep looking for new people all the time. Many of their products are guaranteed for life, why would you want to seel something that they will never have to buy again? IraqiVetWife is correct, it is not recession proof, high end kitchen gadgets are a WANT not a NEED. Think consumable. I make money every time someone washes their face or washes their hair. High waulity skin care products are to most women a NEED!!! This industry is the #3 recession proof industry next to alcohol and tobacco. Trust me, women will continue to buy anti-aging products no matter how little money they have. My business has been going up and up even in this economy. Let me know if I can give you more info.
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 8:39 AM on May. 24, 2010

• I have friends who do this and they say alothough the product is good, booking parties is hard in this economy.
    Nicole
    www.trumpnetwork.com/nicolemuschett

chiro789

Answer by chiro789 at 2:20 PM on May. 24, 2010