Should I return the stuff?

About 10 years ago dh's aunt had a baby girl that was born with severe birth defects and died when she was only a few months old. His aunt had kept ALL of her clothes and everything until last summer when she decided to get rid of it. She gave us a bunch of stuff, most of it still had the tags on it. And it's all really nice stuff too. We used most of it, but now she is pregnant again (suprise!) and it's a girl. I'm just wondering if I should give her some of the stuff back or if it would be too weird. There were a few things dd only wore once or twice and has already outgrown. I've already given her a lot of dd's clothes, but i've been careful to try to take out the items she gave us because I'm just not sure... I can see how it would be very hard for her.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on May. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• That's tough. On the one hand, she may not want to be constantly reminded of the child that died, but on the other, she may want the two girls to share. I'd ask her what she preferred.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:27 AM on May. 21, 2010

• i would ask her.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:28 AM on May. 21, 2010

• Yeah, that is tough. Can you ask her? She might not want it because of superstition.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:28 AM on May. 21, 2010

• yeah, i would just ask... i can see that she might find using these clothes for her new baby like coming full circle and healing just as much as i can see it being a reminder - like she would ever forget anyway...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 11:30 AM on May. 21, 2010

• I would ask her how she felt. My guess is that practicality will rule.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 11:31 AM on May. 21, 2010

• i would ask her if she wanted it. Sometimes you just can't know unless you ask.
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 11:39 AM on May. 21, 2010

• you have such a kind heart to to look out for your aunts feeling in this way. i dont know what i would do ....maybe even wait until she asks about them?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on May. 21, 2010

• just ask her- thats the best =)
    Anonymous

• I would ask her if she wants it, but if I were her, yes I would take it!
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 12:59 PM on May. 21, 2010