5'2'' 170.2 lbs. HELP!!!

I have always struggled with my weight, but I never had such a hard time trying to lose, as I am now. I am nearing 30, I have 3 year old, and my mid-section is starting to resemble that of a pregnant woman- and I am not pregnant! I never think I look terribly awful in the mirror, but in pictures I look like a whale. Although I am on the heavy side, I am well proportioned- fat all over. LOL. My extremely in shape husband expressed his hatred for my body this morning before he went to work and I am so upset. I have a gym membership and hate going by myself. I have no friends that have this issue and therefore no one to go with me. My husband is obsessive about getting as bulky as humanly possible, so he eats all the time, always wants me to cook, our son is still failure to thrive at 3 years old, so I am constantly preparing food for him- and then I feel so tempted. Even when I make healthy choices, I am always overeating!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on May. 21, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Last summer I followed a detox program and loved it. I gained energy I forgot I had and lost 18 lbs. The weight has stayed off and I still feel great. I researched a lot before I started and found this program to be the best one for me. It is the only one that I found that replaces vital nutrients to your body. There is more info on my blog:

http://simplecleansing.blogspot.com/

If you want more info you can message me here or contact me throught he email address on my blog.

www.simplecleansing.com
    mom2threets

Answer by mom2threets at 11:29 AM on May. 21, 2010

• I am 5'3" (standing VERY straight) and I weigh about 170 or so, so I know what you're talking about. The last time someone made a comment about my body, I told them that they could just kiss my fat ass and shut up. I don't know what your husband said, but if it got you this upset, it was uncalled for.
    Now that I've said that, I'll say something about the actual question. I found that making small changes in my food intake helped a lot. I still eat some junk, but not near as much. Like, I'm addicted to pizza rolls, and would make a whole bag of 40 and eat them in one sitting, so I just started making only about 7-10, telling my self that if I want more after I eat those, I can always make more, but I usually end up just eating those and being done. I quit regular soda, switched to diet, it didn't make me crave more sugar like some. I walk to the mailbox instead of driving, park far from door in parking lots. You can do it. GL.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:32 AM on May. 21, 2010

• And please be advised, I do not ever complain about the way I look. I have a very pretty face, I dress well, and I have always maintained a weight of about 163. My lowest weight ever was 143 and that was when I met my husband. So, I just dont understand why losing 27 lbs seems to be so hard. I am 55 lbs lighter than when I delivered my son. I am active, although I do not go to the gym often, I do chase my son around, walk and lift constantly at my job.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on May. 21, 2010

• i am sorry your husband said something about your weight. i work for beachbody. i am not a registered doctor or fitness trainer but i do know i was 4'11' 150 when i started beachbody and now i am 106 and now pregnant because my husband thought i was sexy.. lol... we have a great support system and have free drawings for prizes everyday. i'd love to speak with you about a few products i think could benefit you and your husband. we do have products that help with cravings and we also have great meal plans and online workouts that you can do with friends.
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 11:42 AM on May. 21, 2010

• i agree with swaney beachbody would be a great place for you and your husband.. they have great products and also provide great healthy recipes that the whole family can eat and ones that if you do eat a bit you wont gain anything.
    mommy2ys

Answer by mommy2ys at 12:26 PM on May. 21, 2010

• can you put your lo in a stroller and go for walks daily?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:06 PM on May. 21, 2010

• yes, we can go for walks. my husband seems to think that walking doesnt work, because our bodies are made to walk. he is an idiot. everytime i have ever lost weight, its been because i seriously increased the amount of walking i did. so of course, because he is an idiot, when i say things like i am going to start taking the baby for walks everyday, he becomes very discouraging. i wish it was easier to lose and keep it off and oh how i wish he would be able to experience how difficult it is one day!
    Anonymous

• You have no friends who need to exercise their bodies to remain fit and healthy? Who are your friends? The fridge and the tv?

Everyone needs to exercise regularly to get enough oxygen to their cells, to have a healthy heart and a fully-functioning brain. If you think you know people who don't fit into that category, I'd love to meet them.

Since you're not talking about getting fit and healthy for anyone but you, best you take yourself off to do what you need to, yes? Maybe you'll be an influence leader and some of your friends will join in. But that's not what you're going for, right? Go to the gym by yourself regularly. Pretty soon, you'll find familiar faces who are doing what you're doing for the same reasons, and you'll have gym friends. Even if you never meet another soul, pretty soon you'll find you're healthier, happier and more engaged in your life --and you'll have more energy for your friends wherever they are.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:51 PM on May. 21, 2010