Why does my 5 mo old dd

have THIRTY pairs of shoes? lol. People (MIL!!!) keep giving me shoes for her. and they will be like size 3 or 4. She doesn't even crawl yet she doesn't need shoes! I can't even keep socks on the kid, no way am I going to mess with shoes. I've told them NO MORE shoes but they just keep coming. I even told my MIL that I've read that it's better to let them be barefoot so their feet shape naturally, so I'm not going to be putting her shoes until she walks and she just keeps getting freaking shoes. Right now they are all stored in a box which is where they will stay until I get rid of them :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on May. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• wow thats just crazy i only have my boys 3 pairs of shoes because they grow so fast they only last like 2 months and then need a bigger size...30 pairs is just crazy if they are going to keep buyin her shoes id suggest to them to buy bigger shoes
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 11:50 AM on May. 21, 2010

• Just imagine what her closet will look like when she is school age...I guess it could be worse you MIL could be cheap and not care.
    When my oldest was 7 my MIL bought my daughter a pair of boys sneakers because they were on sale...When I pointed out they were boy shoes she was like "so there shoes she can wear them anyway"....I returned them to the store behind her back
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on May. 21, 2010

• At least baby shoes are small...SIL keeps giving us the toys their daughter outgrows; I keep telling her we don't have a lot of room, but so far we've gotten three large garbage bags full plus a Dora kitchen which we definitely don't have room for even if DD watched Dora just waiting to come over. And it all smells like cigarrette smoke and dog. We kept a few things, but we are trying to figure out what to do with the two bags worth of stuff (and Dora kitchen) that we don't want to keep. Plus his family thinks for every gifting holiday DD needs something large and noisy to not play with because she likes a tub of water and some measuring spoons. I vote donate or sell the shoes :)
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 12:51 PM on May. 21, 2010

• That's funny. My 5 month old doesn't even have 1 pair of shoes. I don't put shoes on my kids until they start standing on their own.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 12:54 PM on May. 21, 2010

• Donate them all to the local Women's Shelter, and ask for a receipt for them. Frame it and put it somewhere all the shoe buyers will see it.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:38 PM on May. 21, 2010