Son of a bean dip mother frito...

So this dude calls from an out of area number. I don't know him. He texted me too. You comin to the party?
Party? I don't even know this dude. My dh sees the text and the number, and is ticked, which is understandable as it is almost midnight and I don't have guy friends to call me. I told dh that I don't know the person. I ignored the number and deleted it...Huge mistake... that was two months ago.
Today, I'm asleep in bed when the same number calls. My husband answers it and the guy hangs up. He tried to call back. No answer. Now he's mad at me because some stranger is calling. The guy wouldn't ask for anyone, he would just freak out an hang up on my dh. Dh erased the number again, so now I can't call back to tell them that they have the wrong number again. Now dh is suspicious cause it happened twice. Does that suck or what? Why did I delete that stupid number? Iwant to call him and tell him WRONG NUMBA FOO!

LisaG777

Asked by LisaG777 at 11:49 AM on May. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• Look at the bill from two months ago, it should have a list of all incoming/outgoing calls and texts. Good luck on the husband front.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:53 AM on May. 21, 2010

• I'll do that! Thanks!
    LisaG777

Answer by LisaG777 at 11:54 AM on May. 21, 2010

• No problem. Wish I could take credit for it, but the customer service guy from the phone service I used to have gave me the idea. I had the same problem, and had to do it. Just tell your husband what you're doing so he doesn't think you're calling this guy to chat. Or, have your husband call.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:57 AM on May. 21, 2010

• With mine the calls aren't all listed on the bill, but you can look up the detail online.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on May. 21, 2010

• It's understandable that your hubby is suspicious... no doubt. Having said that I'll tell you a little story about me and texting lol
    I put my nephews phone number in my phone and I would forward things to him, text stuff like hey how ya doing etc and one day the person texts back and says "I loved the X you texted but I gotta know... who is this?" So I say something like yea right, already forgotten your favorite aunt? I'd texted for a few months thinking I was keeping in contact with my nephew, turns out that I hit one wrong number my mistake when I put the number in... sad part is, not long after that my phone was ruined but SIM card wasn't so, got new phone, put it in the phone and wallah.... here we go again, I didn't realize I'd changed it to the right cell number on the phone but not on the SIM... lucky for me the guy happened to like the forwards I was sending and was single, because I did ask incase I caused problem
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 12:19 PM on May. 21, 2010

• ahahahaha! Wow!
    LisaG777

Answer by LisaG777 at 12:21 PM on May. 21, 2010

• Chances are he's not going to answer a call from your phone now tho. If you call back without the hubby knowing, he's going to think that there IS something going on for sure... it'll look worse on you.
    If hubby deleted the number, then he prolly believes you. Offer to switch phones with him for a little while or permanently, or change numbers so he will see you're not communicating with the guy.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 12:21 PM on May. 21, 2010

• That's exactly what I was thinking. Calling him would make him suspicious...
    LisaG777

Answer by LisaG777 at 12:54 PM on May. 21, 2010

• Some pair of ... confused individuals... in your house seem to think that the person receiving the phone call is in control of the incoming phone call. This is, what, 120 years after the invention of the telephone? Seriously?
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:37 PM on May. 21, 2010