Credit score??

I know this is personal info so PLEASE post anon. I am just curious as to what the average credit score is? I am hoping to buy a house in the next 2 years but me and my DH have poor credit scores :( Mine is 591 his is 587. What are you and your DH's credit scores and what did they have to be to get a house?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on May. 21, 2010 in Money & Work

• You don't always have to have a good credit score to buy a house. We bought our house for 12,000 and have put in about 12,000 in remodeling it and it is now worth about 60,000+. And no, its not a crappy house- it is very nice for our area. Look into something cheaper that you can remodel or add to and that way it is the way that YOU want it... And its so nice to have it pd off right away or in a few years, instead of 30... especially with the economy the way it is. To answer your question, Im not exactly sure what my credit score is, but I do have good credit and DH doesn't
    Anonymous

• The average credit score is 640 and both of yours are low for getting a mortgage. But there are other things they can look at too, and you might be able to get them to underwrite the loan without using your credit score.

Either way, start paying your bills on time will help your score go up.
    Anonymous

• Bought a car a few days ago...mine is 845 and hubby's was 10 points less. I have a credit card in my name that I use---he does not use credit cards.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:05 AM on May. 23, 2010