I am in a slump!!!

I am feeling really out of sorts as of late, my 14yr old son is growing up fast and wants nothing to do with me (normal I know) my hubby is in a crap job that keeps screwing him and he is applying EVERYWHERE, he never wants to talk about anything, I hate where we live TX and want to move back home to the Wa. we are stuck here until things change and I am on disability(lot of health issues) and I need a change or to do something. My dad is not well I am always fighing with my mom and don't really get along with my in laws at all, I find myself always wanting to sleep. Thanks I needed to get that off my chest, but really what do you do when you are feeling like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on May. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• well it's depressing enough not having people with troubles all around you , and then just being disabled. Static, and your disability don't mix well. You could work on your 1 year plan, for the entire year. This today nice weather and do nothing days are absolutely killing people! People really need to just plan stuff ahead. Plan it through start today and take the little planning steps to get insured that in the winter that either you aren't stuck in , or just you yourself keep busy and become a volunteer someplace. I'd love to do that myself but I can't get places with no car. Do you have one??
    Anonymous

• I'm in East TX. If you're close, give me an instant message.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 12:48 PM on May. 21, 2010

• You have a lot on your plate, maybe you should talk to a counselor or something? Help sort out your feelings and make a plan to get you out of this slump.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 1:40 PM on May. 21, 2010

• Volunteer.

Go to the local pediatric cancer clinic and offer to read to patients, or take a look at the kinds of things the local senior's centre needs help with. See if you can get into hospice care, or be a volunteer vet assistance at the pet emergency hospital... volunteer as a lay nurse at the local free medical facility...

The point? Well, after you have committed to something 'out there' that's bigger than the minor difficutlies you're having in your life you may also find that you've got a direction or purpose in life that you would not have considered before. You may also find that instead of sitting around ruminating about what's wrong with all the people in your life, you may find that you have something valuable to bring home and share, which makes for better conversation than 'what are you going to do to fix my life?'
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:29 PM on May. 21, 2010