Does anyone else think the whole pampered chef, jewelry, candle, etc parties are kinda "out"?

I mean, they were all the rage years ago, but at a certain point everyone gets sick of them not to mention you can order the same or similar things online. I'm sure a few people do alright, but for the rest of the public, it kinda pointless, eh?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on May. 21, 2010 in Money & Work

• Wiered. Where I live, they are making a huge come back. It could be just a regional fad though. Right now, jewelry making is huge around here.
    LisaG777

Answer by LisaG777 at 12:01 PM on May. 21, 2010

• Hell no. I go to everyone I get the chance to go to... LOVE those things! Plus, if you get in to those companies you don't have to do parties. My mom is with Avon, but doesn't do parties, she does vendor shows and other stuff and does great with it... But to your question, no, I wish there were more of those companies around in my area... I want to go to more, but they are few and far between!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:03 PM on May. 21, 2010

• Funny you mention that! I just went to a Pampered Chef Party and a Southen Living Party and I am hosting a Candle Party next month. I think they are great but they can be quit spendy especially Pampered Chef and Southern Living!
    Anonymous

• They are a fun get-together, but as mentioned, they are quite expensive! Especially for our times with the economy
    Anonymous

• I miss them, but living in a small town it is harder for people to make money doing it. Back home there was always a party of some sort going on. I was a consultant for a in home party company and when the economy when to crap so did my business. I stopped doing it. I miss it I always had fun and loved the parties. It was a fun way to make money and i loved the products. Once the economy gets a little better I might jump back into it but right now there is no way i would touch it.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:05 PM on May. 21, 2010

• yes.. i joined tupperware last year and only did my party so i quit and now im with a great company selling fitness products. i also sold avon for years but quit that too..
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 12:15 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I dont usually go to those parties. I used to go but now if I want to shop I just order online. I agree Im not a shopping party kind of girl anymore.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:38 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I agree with OP. At least around here, when people mention one of those "parties", people tend to roll their eyes and say decline.
    Anonymous

• Depends on what you are selling. There are products that are actually recession proof. The skin care and wellness industry is the #3 recession proof industry out there (next to alcohol and tobacco). My business has actually been growing the last few years. Actually, I do some parties and lots of one-on-ones - I meet with people individually. They can try the product before they buy - great concept.
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 1:12 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I usually try to stay away form those types of parties. I get invited to them often but I really do hate going. The last one I went to was a scentsy party, it was fun but its just not my thing. I do though like going to passion parties.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 1:34 PM on May. 21, 2010