What would you think?

OK so an old friend(I havnet seen her in probably 10 years or so) added me on FB right. So apperently she works for those "modleing" places where the girls are practically naked, going to clubs to strip, and being in those rap videos that IMO are just degrading to women. I just watchewd one she was in just to see and OMG the whole video behind the guy there were two girls in the shower in barley there swimsuits. Now I don't like things like that simply because I think it sends a very very bad message to little girls and that is where my problem is with this girl. She has 2 DDs ages 7 and 2. Now what would you think if you saw a mother actting like that and it plastered all over the internet where not only little girls can see but her own little girls? I know the 2 year old really doesn't know anything but I am sure a 7 year old can understand. What if in say 1 year or 2 her friends see it online? So yeah what would you think?

delilahsmom1177

Asked by delilahsmom1177 at 12:03 PM on May. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• In my experience if people aren't connected and the reasons are conflicting from your beliefs, than you're not ever changing them. Stick to the lakes and streams that you're used to. oh, but remember even then people are actors and actresses being changed to see themselves as something they arent', it's all over. but if I were to add her as a friend, stay on her nice friendly side. that
    is the only best idea. just stay out of the messy stuff.
    Anonymous

• imo you don't pay her bills so your opinion of her profession is irrelevant. you can disapprove all you want, but you're not in her shoes.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 12:08 PM on May. 21, 2010

• melly no I do not pay her bills but really do you not think it's horrible for her kids. What if say next year her older DD is in school and someone says hey your mom is a whore look and shows her things online. Can that not damage a child? I think it can! That is my point!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 12:16 PM on May. 21, 2010

• no, i don't think it's horrible. i think it's horrible that an elementary school student would be browsing facebook in the first place. i think it's horrible that a woman doing the best she can to provide for her children is being judged by anyone else's standards. and i think those girls will grow up loving their mother no matter what you think of her.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 12:26 PM on May. 21, 2010

• melly really I am not talking about just Facebook. I am saying she was recewntly in a music video in a barely there swimsuit in the shower with another girl with her ass jiggling on the glass on the shower. A young kid can see that if looking for videos. MY 9 year old step sons watch youtube all the time. Oh yeah and this is not her "job" she says she does it for fun. I am sorry that you think it is OK but it is disgusting and I hope her DDsa do not find out about it because it is disgusting!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 12:29 PM on May. 21, 2010

• even if she enjoys it, she is getting paid to do it. and just because i don't think it's horrible doesn't mean i think it's awesome, but it's not my life nor my choices. disassociate if you can't handle it and move on with your life, comfortable in the choices you make for your own children.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 12:35 PM on May. 21, 2010

• Hey I was just asking other moms what they thought that is all. I am not saying she is a bad person I am saying I think that it is a bit too much after you have kids to be doing things like that. Things that can possibly damage your children which I think it can. My SO is a musician. I would not like it if he had girls like that in a music video(he is in a hardcore band but still can have almost naked girls in it lol) I would tell him that it could lead our DD to thinking that is OK. I mean that is really all I am saying. How can she teach her DDs to respect themselves when she obviously doesn't!

delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 12:38 PM on May. 21, 2010

• i was just giving an answer :) no hard feelings, you can have whatever opinion you want. i just agree to disagree.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 12:43 PM on May. 21, 2010

• Sounds good melly!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 12:45 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I tell you, don't know her circumstances but if I was a mother with no skills and children to feed I would do anything I had to. It is not the best scenario and legacy for her kids, but sometimes we got to do what we got to do.

Answer by older at 9:37 AM on May. 23, 2010