How many kids are in your kids' classrooms and what was your graduating class size

In the school district I was raised in the classroom size is 32...
I graduated with 782 kids
my kids go to a school that has around 20 kids per classroom
I heard that in Florida that the class sizes around around 50 kids per classroom!
How do teachers teach with such large class sizes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 PM on May. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My daughter's 5th and 6th grade classroom has 7 students, my second daughter's 3rd and 4th grade classroom has 9 students, and my son's 1st and 2nd grade classroom has 10. We have a VERY small private school, and we have awesome teachers!
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 1:11 PM on May. 21, 2010

• My 3rd grader's class has 26 kids, my 4th grader's class has 20 kids (it's an all AG class), my 6th grader's class has 7 kids (it's a special needs class - autism), my highschool graduating class was roughly 525.

Answer by missanc at 12:13 PM on May. 21, 2010

• My kids aren't in school yet, but the average classroom size at their future school (same school I went to) is 10 students. I graduated with 44 students.
    MomToBeISaMom

Answer by MomToBeISaMom at 12:15 PM on May. 21, 2010

• My mother had 60 kids in one class, one teacher, so it can be done. When I went to the same school we were down to 35-40 kids, one teacher. And when my daughter went to school it was 30 kids, 3 teachers in one room. My high school my graduation size was 350.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 12:15 PM on May. 21, 2010

• Our classroom sizes were 30-40 kids; Less in grade school more like 25. There was 300 kids in my graduation class. We homeschool now...However when my kids did go to public school for K-1st grade there were up 25 kids in the classroom, most had closer to 20 and several rooms had a full time aide in the room at all times. So that dropped the child to adult ratio to 10 to 1. We have friends that are still sending their kids to the same school and have learn from them the class sizes are still the same, but they have gotten rid of a lot of the aides or having work in several rooms. So instead of the teacher having an aide all day they have them for either 1/2 the day or 2-3 days out of the week. Thus the child-adult ratio is now 25 to 1 at least 1/2 the time if not more.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 12:18 PM on May. 21, 2010

• My son isn't in school yet, but the classrom sizes were (and still are) roughly 17-20 at my old school. I graduated with 19 people! lol
    MamaRae85

Answer by MamaRae85 at 2:08 PM on May. 21, 2010

• In my daughter's high school, the current class size is 28-30. Next year it will be 35-37

The graduating class is 500

Answer by rkoloms at 10:13 AM on May. 22, 2010