My 6 week year old has a rash on her cheeks,neck and top of her chest, what is it?

Nikki03841

Asked by Nikki03841 at 12:20 PM on May. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Depends on what it looks like
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:23 PM on May. 21, 2010

• if they are really fine bumps then it could be heat rash, try lukewarm baths and less clothes and see if the rash goes away. also my baby got a lot of rashes if i didnt wipe the milk off of his face or next after feeding, the milk plus heat irritated his skin.
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 12:24 PM on May. 21, 2010

• Have the doctor take a look. It's probably viral. Does it itch? Put some Cortizone on it if it does.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:41 PM on May. 21, 2010

• They are small red bumps, that at times some look like pimples. At times unless you are near her you cant even tell she has a rash on her face. Thank you for the feedback
    Nikki03841

Answer by Nikki03841 at 12:44 PM on May. 21, 2010

• my baby had rashes too. it is the new born skin. dont pick it. it will go away.
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 12:46 PM on May. 21, 2010

• my kidds had this too it was either heat rash from geting to hot and being held or it was wat we call milk duds thier doc said almost all new borns get that it looks like lil pimples dont pick em they can and will scar ur babys face
    cocobutt2002

Answer by cocobutt2002 at 1:42 PM on May. 21, 2010

• Might be baby acne.     It looks bad but goes away on its own.   google pictures of baby acne.

amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 2:10 PM on May. 21, 2010

• if ut don't go away then i would take her to the dr it cld be lots of things like heat rash skin irritaions cuz of bathing or also irritations caused by your laubdry soap good luck
    samie_01

Answer by samie_01 at 4:02 PM on May. 21, 2010

• sounds like eczema.. my baby has it on his cheeks chest back of legs n arms ....it sucks...
    Platinum10

Answer by Platinum10 at 4:34 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I would just try cleaning it with a washcloth, dry it off and rub on a cream rather than lotion. My son gets this once in a while and that clears it up for him.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 9:56 PM on May. 21, 2010