Has any one else taken Lexapro for depression?

My doctor put me on this 6 weeks ago and I think it is helping but I still don't feel totally like myself? Anyone else take it and if so how long before you felt "normal" again. I have been battling this whole depression thing for a couple of years and just finally got to the point that I asked for something to help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 PM on May. 21, 2010 in Health

• I took Lexapro for about two years and LOVED it. I felt great while I was on it. It eventually stopped working on me, and we had to try something else, but it was my favorite prescribed anti depressant.
    Doctors say it can take about three months for anti- depressants to get going. Good Luck. Depression is a horrible battle.
    AngelOnBoard

Answer by AngelOnBoard at 12:36 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I was on it but it gave me horrible nightmares so I had to stop. But other than that I loved it.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 12:50 PM on May. 21, 2010

• i never was on it but i take saqual and citapam for my depression it works fine
    lovingheart26

Answer by lovingheart26 at 9:43 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I was and HATED it.It made me feel weird.I am on Zoloft again.
    momofsixangels

Answer by momofsixangels at 3:22 AM on May. 22, 2010