how do you stay motivated and committed?

What keeps you motivated to eat healthy and workout everyday?

navajomama7

Asked by navajomama7 at 12:39 PM on May. 21, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• My only workout is squats and 7 push ups a day plus I like to do "stroller walking". I have to work on my diet. My motivation are my children and my clothes. After having my children I gained weight. I'm trying to get back to my pre-pregnancy size so I can use my old clothes.
    Energ8zr

Answer by Energ8zr at 12:50 PM on May. 21, 2010

• i use an online program.. i register when i workout and i can get people to workout at the same time.. i get free meal plans and it just helps to have someone to talk to sometimes..
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 12:54 PM on May. 21, 2010

• Find an exercise you enjoy and do that so it doesn't feel like "work". I run 8 to 12 miles a day because I enjoy it. As for food, I think people obsess over it too much. Skinny people obsess, fat people obsess. Just eat what you want when you are hungry, eliminate snacks and eat 3 normal portions (or 5 smaller portions) of food a day and you won't ever have to worry about your weight.
    Anonymous

• Knowing that if I stop working out my body won't be as fit and loving how I look when I am working out regularly. I used to work out for months then stop, then start etc.. and finally saw what stopping was doing to my body so now I write down what my weekly workout is and I can only add to it and the only way I don't do it is if I am deathly ill. Make a contract with yourself, it works!
    Anonymous

• I like the way I feel when I can run up two flights of stairs better than when I'm lying on the couch suffering from the latest cold or flu that's going around. My body is super-responsive and I know right away when I'm not living right for me.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:24 PM on May. 21, 2010

• It's finding something you like and can stick with. I had to cut the gym for $$ reasons while I'm going through a divorce, but will be going back soon. For now, I have exercise machines at home, but I really miss some of the machines in the gym that I don't have.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 2:52 PM on May. 21, 2010

• Once you rid your body of a lot of the bad stuff your taste buds change so that helps. Junk food doesn't taste as good so I'm not as apt to go back to eating bad food again. I set goals. Like I have a high school reunion in Oct so I'm determine to get some more weight off by then. Once i reach that goal then I set another one. I hit plateaus a lot so I allow for those and for giving up then my sister threatening to kick my butt if I don't keep it up! Please remember not to fall for the hype that you can lose 20 lbs in 2 weeks if you just do (whatever) or you can lose 5 lbs a week if you just stop (doing whatever). That's bs. Just keep going. Find what works for you. If you fall off the wagon, it's ok. Just rest and get back on board. The slower you lose it the more likely you will keep it off. When I give up on walking (*due to FL heat) or don't want to workout then I at least drink lots of water and do strength training.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:26 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I have an app on my iphone called Lose It! which tells me how many calories I can eat a day in order to meet my weight lose goals. It also has a calorie counter and you can add your exercise in there as well. My main problem is eating at work. I sit at a computer desk all day and people eat ALL day long around me. So what I did was put a picture or a morbidly obese woman on my desk so it motivates me not to eat ALL day long.
    Oliversmommy125

Answer by Oliversmommy125 at 10:41 AM on May. 24, 2010