My daughter doesn't know what she wants for her birthday!!

My question is: Is my 10 year old spoiled or what?? She might think we are broke and doesn't want to be rude, thats what I always did with my mom, even though she had money and I have enough money, I don't want to get her something she doesn't want, or go without.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on May. 21, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• I a thinking about getting my dd the razor electric scooter. It is about $200. Kinda expensive but looks like alot of fun.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:48 PM on May. 21, 2010

• http://www.walmart.com/ip/Razor-Electric-Mod-Scooter-Sweet/10746396

ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:49 PM on May. 21, 2010

• get her a gift card and let her go get herself something... That way you'll know she wants whatever the money is being spent on...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 12:50 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I agree with the gift card. Little girls love to shop!

Answer by admckenzie at 12:55 PM on May. 21, 2010

• My oldest daughter has been like that since she was 8. She's not spoiled. She just isn't into having all the latest and greatest "stuff". She appreciates whatever we get for her and enjoys the surprise. Sometimes I wish she'd ask, but I'm glad she's not always "want, want, want" like many kids.
    Anonymous

• My son never knows. You must have an idea what she would like! An ipod? Clothes? I'm sure you could pick something out for her.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:05 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I went throught this with my 9yo daughter. Shes not spoiled by any means, but not really into "toys" or video games, and she doesn't care about clothes. The only thing we got her last year that she actually uses in her ipod because she can download movies to it and take it with her places....so thats kinda fun. She loves everything outdoor and sports related, but she already has all of that.

We FINALLY decided to get her a dwarf hamster...he is SOOOO cute and she was totally surprised!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 2:18 PM on May. 21, 2010

• take her to a store she likes and watch what she goes towards themost , that is usual a hint of wat she may want .. i do it every christmas and birthday for my kids and it actually works
    momofwildchild

Answer by momofwildchild at 9:59 AM on May. 22, 2010

• Have a "girls day" for her bday then. Go get a manicure/pedicure, go out to lunch and then go shopping and give her a limit of what she can spend but let her pick it out. I bet she'd love it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:36 AM on May. 23, 2010