Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SLR cameras

i am looking online at the cameras i am wondering if you can take the kind of pics where the background is like blured out or do you have to have a special lens?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on May. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

Answers (3)
  • you control the depth of field, or "blurriness of background" with your shutter speed and F-stops. You should be able to do it with any SLR.

    Answer by AngelOnBoard at 1:11 PM on May. 21, 2010

  • You might want to check a local camera shop for beginner classes - they'll teach you how to use all the settings on the camera to get the effects you want.

    Answer by NotPanicking at 1:48 PM on May. 21, 2010

  • You can also get a funky piece of equipment called a LensBaby --it allows you to distort exactly what you want to distort or blur while leaving exactly what you want to be clear in focus. Cheap, fun to play with and easy to find... check it out.

    Answer by LindaClement at 2:01 PM on May. 21, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.