Why do people believe in something that was created by some super ego man (christianity)? why do people believe in a book that was obvoiusly witten by a man(bible)? how do people not see that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on May. 21, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Salem Witch Trials?

Openly admitting to being atheist (or in some cases, just anything other than the Big 3 religions) in the US, or on a public forum in the US may get you:

bullied
    insulted
    tortured
    attacked
    fired
    murdered

For many atheists (among whose number I do not count myself --I don't 'believe in nothing') 'coming out' as a non-believer is social suicide. This delightful selection of bullying, name-calling, pitying, self-righteous, mocking responses more than adequately demonstrates exactly why so many feel thus.

I am not (obviously) in favour of stating an opinion in public anonymously... but I certainly understand people's reasons for doing so.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:59 PM on May. 21, 2010

• your perception of God and the Word of God .... is sad..

I believe because it is true... He is real and He is a Father to me !

Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:06 PM on May. 21, 2010

• TROLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• I would ask you a similar question.. why do people NOT see how GOOD God is and How much HE LOVES YOU.... How can people NOT see that? I know the answer but just so you know it can be turned around as well .
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:07 PM on May. 21, 2010

• Everyone knows the Bible was written by God THRU man! Do you REALLY think God picked up a pencil and paper and wrote a book and then it miraculously appeared on earth one day? And tell me, who was this super ego man? Jesus? How would a VIRGIN get pregnant? I suggest before you spout questions like this (which is clearly to cause an uproar) you research first.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:08 PM on May. 21, 2010

• Not one man, several men...
    Why do people post stupid, insulting questions anonymously?
    C_Kight

Answer by C_Kight at 1:09 PM on May. 21, 2010

• "created by some super ego man" God isn't a man.

"a book that was obvoiusly witten by a man" Man was simply God's tool for writing down His words. So, man didn't really write the Bible.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 1:09 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I don't understand it either. I do what I do, and believe what I believe (which is in noone and nothing) because I choose to, not because my parents shoved it down my throat as a child before I was old enough to decide for myself. I also make my choices based on what I feel is right, not because I'm afraid of being fried for all of eternity by a mythical being who only exists in legend and stories passed down.
    Anonymous

• If you had a one on one encounter with God, then you would understand. I am not trying to be rude but honest. I don't expect you to even possibly understand if you have had a personal encounter with God himself. I have had many, to where I can NOT possibly deny His existence. If I have had your experiences I would probably fill the same as you do.   I have this question for you who suposidly created Christianity anywy?  Who is this super ego man you are talking about?

Anonymous

• I'm not even going to answer because obviously it won't matter what i say you have made up your mind. I feel sorry for you. Especially when the only reason you posted this was to get attention.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 1:11 PM on May. 21, 2010