22m old son keeps taking pull ups off .....help

my son will not keep his pull ups on he takes them off and runs around with nothing on and fights me so bad to get one back on i understand if hes wet or pooped hes gotten to that phase he doesnt like it if its "dirty" but hes doing it even when its not he will sit on the potty but still has yet to go in it ive tryed putting undies on him thought mayb hes just done with pull ups but he does the same thing with them takes em rite off he had them on today took em off to sit on the potty got up went in the other room and peed on the floor wat can i do to get him to keep them on telling him no keep em on or go on the potty isnt working (been going on for 3weeks )

cocobutt2002

Asked by cocobutt2002 at 1:11 PM on May. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Stop putting him in pull ups and start putting him in underwear.............I learned with my son that that is a CLEAR indication he's more then ready.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:12 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I agree with thediva. he is ready for big boy underwear
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 1:18 PM on May. 21, 2010

• If he's not routinely using the toilet for all elimination functions, he's not ready ---pulling off clothing because he'd rather be naked is not the same as readiness to control bladder and bowel function according to our social expectations.

Dress him in overalls he can't get off, either because the fasteners are too stiff, or by putting a shirt on over top -- one that does up in the back would help.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:46 PM on May. 21, 2010